Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I replace this type of flourescent bulb? [pics]

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Almost embarrassed to be asking this, but one of the fluorescent lamps underneath the kitchen counter stopped working. I've replaced long fluorescent bulbs before, but this one seems to be of a different fitting. It seems to be directly connected to the fixture via a glass nipple / wire thing and I'm almost certain I've broken it by ham fisted attempts to remove the lamp [pics attached]. Any ideas as to how I can actually replace this bulb greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

i think its not a flourescent its one off these http:
    //www.meteorelectrical.com/strip-arch-240v-35w-op-300mm-s14s.html
    and you have broken the end cap off

post a picture of where the bulb meets the fitting if you get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

As posted above, looks like a 35 or a 60 watt radium ralina twin peg lamp.
    they usually have a brass coloured cap that just pushes into the fitting and it looks as if the plastic cap has come away from the lamp.
    They are commonly referred to as an arcitechtural lamp.
    It might be posible to remove the brass cap from the fitting with a needle nose pliers, but be sure to switch of the power before you attempt this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Many thanks both for your replies :) I think you're right and what's happened is that I broke the connector on the bulb. I'll have a go with extracting it with a needle nose pliers, dummy quotation : should I switch off the mains power before I do this or is it ok to switch of Fyfield light switch? Thanks again

Advertisement