Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boroimhe Estates, Swords

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi All

Am considering looking at some places ion these estates, just wondering what the area is like ? Seems like it's pretty convenience with swords express, supervalue and the village isn't far away. But what's the neighbourhood like ? I've heard people say that a lot of estates have been built in swords resulting in a lot of bored teenagers hanging around etc etc. Looking around the area I didn't get that kind of vibe at all though. Aside from the neighbours, what's the area like for crime etc ?

Thanks in advance :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I live near Boroimhe and it seems a nice quiet area. It's very well planned with green areas and a nice mix of houses/apartments.
    The one thing I have heard is that there's no community 'heart' to the estate, which is something that might be a factor for you if you're going to be bringing up a family there. It's no better or worse than anywhere for crime, and the location is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Thanks for the reply Dizzyblonde. A bit of a community spirit is always nice to see, but certainly not a big deal for me. I guess in some ways we're all responsible for creating that spirit, so if I don't make any attempt myself, I can hardly complain too much :)

Location certainly does seem to be pretty good alright, even though it's a bit further out than I had planned on moving.

Thanks agin

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

If you know anyone in the council find out about the 'secret' plans for the halting site there.
    They've been planning it for a while, but can't go ahead until they get the budget. you'll know exactly where is allocated for it if you take a walk around.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

If you know anyone in the council find out about the 'secret' plans for the halting site there
    Thanks for the reply Mustard1972 ... just curious how you know about these 'secret' plans ? I don't want to sound rude, but if your source claims it's a secret, how reliable is that source ? Doing a quick google, the only article I can find relevant to a halting site in Swords is from 2010.

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Where about is this halting site meant to be Mustard??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mustard1972

Thanks for the reply Mustard1972 ... just curious how you know about these 'secret' plans ? I don't want to sound rude, but if your source claims it's a secret, how reliable is that source ? Doing a quick google, the only article I can find relevant to a halting site in Swords is from 2010.

Thanks !

My brother is involved in it.
    I probably shouldnt have said anything, but its not exactly a secret tbh (Hence why secret was in icommas). Most people in Fingal CoCo know about it anyway. 'Secret' because they are not allowed to broadcast it.
    Just told to keep it quiet because of the trouble it will cause if it gets out.
    afaik they are moving the halting site at the back of the airport to there and another one too. Its plainly obvious where its going too if you just drive through boroimhe. Theres a huge site just sitting there waiting for it on the corner.
    I'll say no more about it anyway. It shouldnt be too hard to find out for anyone who wants to do a little investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm laughing reading this but in saying that wouldn't be at all surprised if it did happen.

The Airport halting site was an Aer Rianta agreement and not a Fingal CoCo one though so I can't see why Fingal would now be getting involved in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please keep this on-topic. Chinese whispers about a 'secret' development don't help.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Notwithstanding the above OP It's a generally nice area. I was put off buying there due to its proximity to the likes of wrights etc. There's certain apartment parts of it that wouldn't ring my bell but the main housing areas are a nice place to be and well maintained.
    It's all quite variant on what you want though. Rivervalley would be older but more community orientated in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

I know someone living in Boroimhe Ash. Nice houses but it looks like it's going to be a tricky spot in a few years when the kids there hit the teens. Acres upon acres of houses with not a lot amenities (...microscopic playground) and no community hub (...unless you count Super Valu and the doc's surgery).

My sister used to live off Grifeen Avenue in Lucan but got out of there for similar reasons when her kids got a bit older.

• Advertisement
Advertisement