Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro12: Munster vs Edinburgh, Sat 7 Sep 7:15pm; TG4/BBCALBA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Is the ref French or Italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Tox56 wrote: »
    Harsh, probably looked worse than it was

The outcome is besides the point though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Keatley running some lovely lines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great try Cronin.

Surely a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I know Edinburgh aren't great but some great play from Munster so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

thats a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Scores a try. Bird ****s on his head. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Is the ref French or Italian?

Italian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Keep this up and we've a HC in the bag, just a matter of turning up to collect it...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Italian

Romanian AFAIK?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Scores a try. Bird ****s on his head. :D

That's for good luck dontcha know! ;)

athtrasna wrote: »
    Romanian AFAIK?

Really? Was sure the commentator said he was Italian earlier.

That's for good luck dont Juneau! ;)

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Really? Was sure the commentator said he was Italian earlier.

AFAIK he's Romanian but registered with the FIR

Was that an Embra wag with a black eye?

Keatley has played very well. I really think he is a better player than Paddy Jackson, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Good score by Cronin. Gone to TMO but cant see it not being a try
    He's been very good so far

Ridiculous penalty. How could he have not known he was the first tackler?! I dont get that crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Keatley has played very well. I really think he is a better player than Paddy Jackson, I must say.

For a start he's first choice kicker for his team! Ireland's style is a kicking 10 and it's ridiculous that Jackson is there when Pienaar is the kicker for Ulster.

On the guy currently wearing the Munster 9 shirt, as one of my twitter friends has just pointed out, does anyone know who's actually under the scrum cap ;)

For a start he's first choice kicker for his team! Ireland's style is a kicking 10 and it's ridiculous that Jackson is there when Pienaar is the kicker for Ulster.

On the guy currently wearing the Munster 9 shirt, as one of my twitter friends has just pointed out, does anyone know who's actually under the scrum cap ;)

I look forward to Madigan v Keatley whenever that takes place. Madigan deservedly has the headstart, but there's everything to play for. Backup to Murray is anyone's guess at this stage too.

I look forward to Madigan v Keatley whenever that takes place. Madigan deservedly has the headstart, but there's everything to play for. Backup to Murray is anyone's guess at this stage too.
    Williams in the driving seat now it has to be said.

;)

What would be Keatley's strength over Madigan?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Williams in the driving seat now it has to be said.

;)

I feel weak

19543261 wrote: »

Better haircut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Munster are offloading everything this match, and it's very entertaining to watch. Keatley is doing very well at ten and the team as a whole is looking good in attack. We do seem a bit sloppy in defence, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

He doesn't try to take too much on himself. It's one of Madigan's strengths but also arguably his biggest weakness, backs himself when he shouldn't. That can be coached though, he's probably the more naturally talented but Keatley looks very slick tonight

I dunno that he has a particular advantage per se, but it's just a question of whether Madigan will take up where he left off last season. It's great for Ireland that there is genuine competition. I expect Gopperth to bring out the best in Madigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Please lets not go there. I am starting to enjoy this place again.

If you're talking about the (backup) 10 debate, it's a pretty important one. Keatley is playing very well in his first post-ROG game, I think it's very relevant now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Who said Ireland's style is to have a kicking ten? We have a new coach and we all pray his tactics are the complete opposite of his predecessor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Entertaining stuff so far and Duncan Williams is continuing to improve as he did almost unnoticed last season. Some of his passing has been almost Stringeresque. :D

Go where? I don't seen any harm in debating key backup positions for Ireland. With a new coach, there is always going to be change. Madigan has the inside running, but even the man himself would say he wants to earn the jersey not have it handed to him. I'm just calling it how I see it, and Keatley has played well tonight so far, albeit against lesser quality opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

whats happening in the match? Score etc?

22-6 HT

Tries from Hurley, Coughlin and Cronin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Who said Ireland's style is to have a kicking ten? We have a new coach and we all pray his tactics are the complete opposite of his predecessor.

I think he meant kicking style in the sense of the 10 kicks the goals.

Short of starting McFadden or Madigan at 12 there is nothing a new coach can do about that. It needs a change in attitude from the academies up.

If you're talking about the (backup) 10 debate, it's a pretty important one. Keatley is playing very well in his first post-ROG game, I think it's very relevant now
    Go where? I don't seen any harm in debating key backup positions for Ireland. With a new coach, there is always going to be change. Madigan has the inside running, but even the man himself would say he wants to earn the jersey not have it handed to him. I'm just calling it how I see it, and Keatley has played well tonight so far, albeit against lesser quality opposition.

Yeep, there is an Ireland team thread, no?

Don't clutter up a match thread with it, esp for those who can't watch the game live.

Sonny Bill (Duncan) Williams.. beautiful stuff

He doesn't try to take too much on himself. It's one of Madigan's strengths but also arguably his biggest weakness, backs himself when he shouldn't. That can be coached though, he's probably the more naturally talented but Keatley looks very slick tonight

Thats interesting actually yeah, sometimes seemingly key differences between how two players perform (not necessarily in this case) can come down to player temperament

Laulala's offloads have generally been going to hand tonight so he couldn't let the game pass without doing something totally brainless and unnecessary

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

very few handling errors from the treatymen this evening, considering it's the first game of the season and they're throwing it around a lot, that's a good sign

Would anyone be so kind as to provide me with a stream? :'(

PM sent.

Laulala's offloads have generally been going to hand tonight so he couldn't let the game pass without doing something totally brainless and unnecessary

It was always his downside for the Crusaders. But he's looked pretty sharp overall.

Jeepers, don't be so precious. Keatley is playing and I'm commenting on his performance. If you want a stream, PM me, and I'll sort you out. Otherwise maybe avoid the thread if you can't watch it live.

Why would I avoid a match thread if I couldn't watch it live? Have often followed games that I can't see live.

Woeful defence by Munster.

Awful awful

De Luca walks in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Woeful defence by Munster.

Awful awful

De Luca walks in!

coughlan missed tackle, duncan williams poor cover, hurley nowhere to be seen

super offloads, super try, BP in the bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

That's that then

Try Dineen.

BP!

Great response.

Williams has been my MOTM.

Great offload to start that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris