Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (Week 27), Sept 7-8, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Away for this game (Didn't realise it was a Saturday game when booking holidays :p). Can't help but feel we can get something out of it. Got a point in the Showgrounds and they aren't looking like world beaters on current form.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually think we could beat Rovers on the form we are in at the moment.

ill go 2-3 in very good game

edit: few bookies have us at 9/2.. I expected round 3/1 or 7/2 so value there imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Another point or more against Sligo would be very welcome.

Also hoping for a Shels loss and a UCD/Bray draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Another point or more against Sligo would be very welcome.

Also hoping for a Shels loss and a UCD/Bray draw.

All those hard feelings against Shels? :confused:

I would be more than happy with a point to be taken home from Brandywell, btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Not really bothered how Pats get on (although I hope they drop pts) We MUST win on Sunday regardless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Lars1916 wrote: »
    All those hard feelings against Shels? :confused:

I would be more than happy with a point to be taken home from Brandywell, btw.

I don't wanna be playin no playoff. :P

If UCD and Bray go into freefall, I'll then stop hoping you lose. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No idea how are trip to Derry will go, they looked very poor on Tuesday against Pats and their home form isn't great. If we can play the whole 90 minutes like we have the 2nd half in the past 2 games we'll get something. Weather is meant to be shocking too, windy and lashing so that won't help either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Actually think we could beat Rovers on the form we are in at the moment.

ill go 2-3 in very good game

edit: few bookies have us at 9/2.. I expected round 3/1 or 7/2 so value there imo.

Do you really think you'll score 3 with no Killer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers are there for the taking, but the first half against Shels prolongs hope Croly has stumbled across nearly the right line-up (-Quigley now obviously)

Why are the First Division game on Sunday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Not really bothered how Pats get on (although I hope they drop pts) We MUST win on Sunday regardless

Hard to say that if we Don't win on Sunday it ends all chances.(Remembering that we play Pats on the 20th) Lets see how it pans out.Pats have a hard run in.
    Its prob more down to about psych/abiliy 50/50 now TBH.
    Who wants it more? & also Sligo waiting to pounce at any chance)
    Some season ending!

Best leauge in the WORLD !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pats vs Dundalk stats

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/comparison/?team_ids%5B%5D=1188&team_ids%5B%5D=1196

Some obvious ones, Dundalk score a lot of goals in the last 15 minutes. We dont have a top scorer as such, they do.

We like to win to nil.

No idea how are trip to Derry will go, they looked very poor on Tuesday against Pats and their home form isn't great. If we can play the whole 90 minutes like we have the 2nd half in the past 2 games we'll get something. Weather is meant to be shocking too, windy and lashing so that won't help either side.

Remember the match away to Bohemians? Same conditions, and a nice win for Shels. Open the floodgates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derry Shels is off

@paulohehir: Tomorrow's @derrycityfc v @shelsfc league match is OFF due to international calls for Barry McNamee and Michael Duffy. No date fixed yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Know I'm gonna get some stick for mentioning this, but why would you schedule a game at the same time as the All Ireland hurling final? I know there's not exactly going to be a massive crowd at the Bray - UCD game anyway, but it would be nice to have the option to watch both.

If we can keep Jason Byrne quiet, I think we'll win. But he's gotten 8 goals against us in the last 4 games he's played so that's doubtful. A win would almost certainly leave us safe from automatic relegation but can't see Bray not winning, especially with Mick Leahy gone again.

Derry Shels is off

@paulohehir: Tomorrow's @derrycityfc v @shelsfc league match is OFF due to international calls for Barry McNamee and Michael Duffy. No date fixed yet

What kind of excuse is that now? :eek:

Since that announcement, Michael Duffy has been deemed injured. Jokeshop!

Seriously, the match should be ruled 2:0 in Shels favour.

If a whole team is out injured, or some weather issues, or a power cut in the stadium, I would accept it. But something like that is a joke indeed, what about away supporters, who already made travel arrangements? :(

That is why there is no club matches during International break.

Only need 1 player to be called up for the game to be called off.

Would love to see more games called off due to it.

Is there any other country in Europe, which has league matches during an international break, I wonder?

• Advertisement

In case 1 player gets called up the an International squad out of 20 teams?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Is there any other country in Europe, which has league matches during an international break, I wonder?

good question. Cant think of any involving international players.

There could be loads though

In case 1 player gets called up the an International squad out of 20 teams?

Yeah, maybe the whole squad travels to the match to cheer for him.

/sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

The international team have near zero cross over in terms of players and fans.

The league has more players playing in the African leg of the World Cup qualifiers than it does for the national team. (Slight dramatised.)

As for Rovers vs Cork, 2-2 with an injury time goal guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Derry/Shels postponed because 2 of their players are called up to international teams... T'fúck?

Fingers crossed we can get something out of tomorrow's game V Sligo. Huge point from St. Pats last week so hopefully that momentum carries over against a Sligo team who don't look particularly great recently.

Having said that, they do have some outstanding players who could do us damage.

Hopefully Traynor starts tomorrow. He got stuck into Pats players when brought on in the second half last week.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Derry/Shels postponed because 2 of their players are called up to international teams... T'fúck?

1 player now since Duffy is injured. Barry McNamee gets called up the U21 Irish squad and the FAI throw their weight around, unlike when clubs ask for League matches to be postponed during European season, this was supposedly forced upon Shels! JOKESHOP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

1 player now since Duffy is injured. Barry McNamee gets called up the U21 Irish squad and the FAI throw their weight around, unlike when clubs ask for League matches to be postponed during European season, this was supposedly forced upon Shels! JOKESHOP!

That's a load of shíte.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

At least it was called off a day before the game, presuming Shels didn't head up today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    At least it was called off a day before the game, presuming Shels didn't head up today

Doubt we would have. Shocking form on behalf of the FAI. Do I want Ireland to win tonight? Not half as much as I did this morning...

• Advertisement

U21s thats odd fairly sure we didnt call off a game when Forrester was called up.

CSF wrote: »
    Doubt we would have. Shocking form on behalf of the FAI. Do I want Ireland to win tonight? Not half as much as I did this morning...

Does that surprise us? Don't think so :confused:

Now for the re arranged fixture, this will be some dogdy date, like Monday evening, I suppose, and they will have less people in Brandywell, than in the Library van :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Bloody joke of a governing body!

dan1895 wrote: »
    Bloody joke of a governing body!

I guess, you have at least 61912 people, who say the same.

This isnt a new rule its always been there.

Just never used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This isnt a new rule its always been there.

Just never used.

So if 2 of our under 19s get called up to the Ireland under 19s and we've a few injuries we can get a game called off? Ridiculous.

Should apply to senior internationals only like in England.

• Advertisement

So if 2 of our under 19s get called up to the Ireland under 19s and we've a few injuries we can get a game called off? Ridiculous.

...or Germany

Calling the match off, is surely some FAIlure, I suppose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

This is a disgrace. **** whoever called this game off.

born2bwild wrote: »
    This is a disgrace. **** whoever called this game off.

Derry City, I guess, with the approval of John Delaney and his nice blokes

If they play for your 1st team yes.

Jaysis lads seriously not a new thing. And its brilliant if it happens to an LOI club.

Not like any of you were actually going to the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Jaysis lads seriously not a new thing. And its brilliant if it happens to an LOI club.

After they played you lot mid-week and picked up a couple of injuries, we were in with a shout of sneaking a point so it is frustrating. Having said that, nice and fresh for the cup next week hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Derry played their cards right IMO.They need to re-group after Tuesdays defeat to Pats and an extra week gives them the opp to do so.Of course it will pish off Shels fans/club but they dont care about what you think at this stage of the season.
    Derry are going for Europe,the week of suits them nicely(no slight on Shels fans,it's frustrating for sure,especialy for fans who had plans and who took days off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

After watching us recently at home, a cancelled game is a great result for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I was going to the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think getting the game called off his fair if you're missing players, BUT, why was it only called off yesterday? Were they called up late or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Right so if three of our lads get the flu 24 hours before the game we can have the game postponed as we are missing 3 players? Cool.

Right so if three of our lads get the flu 24 hours before the game we can have the game postponed as we are missing 3 players? Cool.

What?

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think getting the game called off his fair if you're missing players, BUT, why was it only called off yesterday? Were they called up late or something? :confused:

Missing players? Alright, if it's half of the squad maybe, but wasn't it only one or two? They could be replaced easily, imo.

Anyway, I hereby demand, that the home match against Drogheda has to be postponed. One of the stewards has to go to Germany, due to family commitments. Thanks.

IT'S THE RULES. Sure why don't the Premier League just play without their internationals? If I'm a manager, and I'm missing my best player due to international call ups, why the hell would I want to play the game without him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

What?

One team are missing three players due to Internationals and get the game postponed. Another team is missing three players due to illness and must play.

I know it's the rules but it only makes sense if half your team have to go off travelling to Internationals as do players from the rest of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

IT'S THE RULES. Sure why don't the Premier League just play without their internationals? If I'm a manager, and I'm missing my best player due to international call ups, why the hell would I want to play the game without him? :confused:

For just 1 player it's nonsense though. Games get called off in the Premier League because half the squads go away on International duty. Did Sligo get games called off when Boco use to go away and play with Benin? Genuine question, I can't remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement