Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (Week 27), Sept 7-8, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bristol - Shrewsbury called off for 3 call-ups (only one senior). http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23896915

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Big day in first division, Waterford go first and if they drop points, door is open to all but secure top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Raf32 wrote: »
    Big day in first division, Waterford go first and if they drop points, door is open to all but secure top.

Unless the match is called of, because the groundkeeper has a bit of an upset stomach :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers site: "Danny Ledwith is also out of the game due to a hamstring injury. There are doubts over Ronan Finn (groin), Conor McCormack (knee), Stephen Rice (ankle) and Karl Sheppard (abdomen)". Zayed presumably away, McGuinness and Quigley suspended..

so Cork have an even better chance. Croly can barely pick a cohesive team when he has everyone fit and available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If it is the case that a club can have a game called off as a result of just one call up, then there's not much that can be done but to see if clubs want the rule changed at the end of the season.

Smart move by Derry, and a missed opportunity for us.

Though I'm flattered that they're worried by us. :)

Will be hard pushed to find something else to do this evening.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers site: "Danny Ledwith is also out of the game due to a hamstring injury. There are doubts over Ronan Finn (groin), Conor McCormack (knee), Stephen Rice (ankle) and Karl Sheppard (abdomen)". Zayed presumably away, McGuinness and Quigley suspended..

so Cork have an even better chance. Croly can barely pick a cohesive team when he has everyone fit and available.
    Is Zayed with Libya? Surely your game will be called off then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Corholio wrote: »
    For just 1 player it's nonsense though. Games get called off in the Premier League because half the squads go away on International duty. Did Sligo get games called off when Boco use to go away and play with Benin? Genuine question, I can't remember.

No. Not when Pascal is with Haiti either like in a few weeks when he goes to play South Korea.

He's not needed unless there is an injury crisis though.

Is Zayed with Libya? Surely your game will be called off then....

Hasn't affected Rovers before now and it didn't affect the massive LSC game on Monday when he wasn't around either..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Pretty psyched for this game. First time in Dalymount since the win against Rovers. What I wouldn't give for a similar result tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Raf32 wrote: »

Waterford are 5 points behind Athlone, so even if they win and Athlone lose, Athlone are 2 points clear with 4 games to go. Athlone also have much better goal difference so are looking good to stay ahead. 10 points from 5 games pretty much guarantees them first place.

Hopefully Athlone can take 3 points back from Cobh tonight and get a step closer to securing Premier League football next year!

Seaneh wrote: »
    Waterford are 5 points behind Athlone, so even if they win and Athlone lose, Athlone are 2 points clear with 4 games to go. Athlone also have much better goal difference so are looking good to stay ahead. 10 points from 5 games pretty much guarantees them first place.

Hopefully Athlone can take 3 points back from Cobh tonight and get a step closer to securing Premier League football next year!

Yup agreed but play each other in a few weeks so would be too close for me lol but yes, looking so good so far now!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Massive 6 pointer for Bray tomorrow. It's crying shame that they don't get more support from the denizens of Co. Wicklow.

Mervue one up with 5 minutes to go!

An Athlone win tonight and that should be it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Two goals for Gary McCabe. Rovers looking good.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually think we could beat Rovers on the form we are in at the moment.

ill go 2-3 in very good game

edit: few bookies have us at 9/2.. I expected round 3/1 or 7/2 so value there imo.

Did I predict that?

I was only joking......

haha

ha ahhhhhhhh:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Extremely cold in Dalymount. Been while since it's been this cold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Can't understand Baraclough's team selection tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Shels 3:0 up at the Brandywell, Lee Murtagh hattrick :D

...oh wait...it was just a dream :confused:

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Can't understand Baraclough's team selection tonight.

He dropped Ndo
    1365070100048.png

1-0 up anyway, Peers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

2-1 here, why do I sense a Cork equaliser is on the way?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Cobh 0-1 Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

All of a sudden Sligo are back in the mix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

gimmick wrote: »
    All of a sudden Sligo are back in the mix?

Only Sligo fans thought they were out of the race,!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone 8 clear and 4 games to go.

Hon the fecking Town!

Pats cost me €170 tonight. Had ourselves -1, Sweden to beat Ireland and Pats to win :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Jim McKell is a cnut

That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Frustrating night in Dalymount. Dominated throughout and got punished on the counter when we were looking for an equaliser. Quality over quantity for sure.

Carbon copy of the Shels game last week in many respects. Should be comfortably 3/4-0 up just after halftime and then all ambition and cohesion goes out of the window and backpasses from the halfway line.

Something seems to strike fear of defeat into the players at halftime. The second half was appalling dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Oat23 wrote: »
    Pats cost me €170 tonight. Had ourselves -1, Sweden to beat Ireland and Pats to win :mad:.

Me too, had them to complete a 35/1 accumulator. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Paddy power has pats slight favourites for the title just ahead of dundalk ,
    Sligo 11/4 . C'mon the town !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Vaguely recall being in Limerick yesterday :(

Dying :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Biggest Derby game in Oriel in many years today

Cant wait,off for a few to watch the hurling then onto beat the Drogs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

oldyouth wrote: »
    Jim McKell is a cnut

That is all
    People give out about Buttimer, Hancock, Doyle etc but that man takes shocking refereeing to a new level. Luckily he seems to spend most of his time in the first division and hasn't been seen at Turners Cross in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

marno21 wrote: »
    People give out about Buttimer, Hancock, Doyle etc but that man takes shocking refereeing to a new level. Luckily he seems to spend most of his time in the first division and hasn't been seen at Turners Cross in a while

I'm not going to go in to the ins and outs of last night's Youths V Salthill match, but he made sure nobody enjoyed the game. Unfortunately (for us), as a lower 1st division team, he is often pawned off on us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'll take the draw. But Christ I'm sick of Jason Byrne :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Need a few more points, really needed a win though I think. Forgot bout it cos of the hurling though....what a stupid KO time.

Biggest Derby game in Oriel in many years today

Cant wait,off for a few to watch the hurling then onto beat the Drogs

looks like only just...1-0, 88th minute goal.

Pats should focus on the league..wouldn't want it to slip away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Strange atmosphere in oriel tonight and it probably did nt help the game even though it was packed ,3341 official attendance.
    Drogheda were definely very unlucky to come away with nothing a point each would have been fair but hey feck it , when your luck is in its in !
    Don't think pats can stop us now , we definely have the momentum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thats a very good crowd.

blingrhino wrote: »
    Strange atmosphere in oriel tonight and it probably did nt help the game even though it was packed ,3341 official attendance.
    Drogheda were definely very unlucky to come away with nothing a point each would have been fair but hey feck it , when your luck is in its in !
    Don't think pats can stop us now , we definely have the momentum

If we beat you in 2 weeks I still wouldnt be confident of bettering your results in the net 4 games.

Tbh if we can get to Cork with a chance its a decent season for us.

I hope it goes to the last day. Would add a good few to our gate of SPA fans. Nice to see something to be played for as well.

I assume the game on the 20th will be televised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

I hope it goes to the last day. Would add a good few to our gate of SPA fans. Nice to see something to be played for as well.

Yes. Kick off at 7 30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If we beat you in 2 weeks I still wouldnt be confident of bettering your results in the net 4 games.

Tbh if we can get to Cork with a chance its a decent season for us.
    Bull****. You'll be devastated if Pats don't win the league. Your lot haven't won it in almost 15 years, Like Dundalk you are dying for another title. Decent season me bollox. That may have been true back in March but we're in September now and in the heat of battle. It's all about being number one at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Emotions were running high at OP on Sunday night as the club had just lost one of it's greatest ever supporters.Great win in the end but it was all for great Marty.
    RIP mate.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Bull****. You'll be devastated if Pats don't win the league. Your lot haven't won it in almost 15 years, Like Dundalk you are dying for another title. Decent season me bollox. That may have been true back in March but we're in September now and in the heat of battle. It's all about being number one at this stage.

Dundalk have already won the league this season, we havent played well in weeks. I wouldnt be expecting maximum points which could well be needed.

Still a decent for us, assume if you dont win it? you go bust or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is that last match on the 29th of October?

25th October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk have already won the league this season, we havent played well in weeks. I wouldnt be expecting maximum points which could well be needed.
    Reverse psychology nonsense! You're trying to convince yourself that your lot aren't the favourites for the league to help ease the crushing hurt you'll feel if you don't win it.

Fact of the matter is that you have home advantage in the big game between the two sides and also a much healthier goal difference. To say Dundalk have already won it makes so sense.
    I don't really know what this bit means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bohs will beat Dundalk at home Fact!!

The league will go down to the wire but one thing is for sure Dalymount will be a hostile kip that night for Dundalk especially if we are still fighting relegation,

I also expect Pats to beat Dundalk!! Derry wont lie down either,

Still early days to call

• Advertisement
Advertisement