Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smok Drunker Tank

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Got this bad boy about two weeks ago:
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/Smok_Drunker_Tank/p1274299_9663384.aspx

Absolute bargain of a tank, I'm buying another next week.

I love it.

Pros:
    >Moderately easy to rebuild. Can be a bit fiddly to get the wicks in the holes, but with a bit of liquid on them it gets easier.

>Good vapour production.

>Heads seem to last forever, I have no idea why but I got nearly two weeks out of first head before it started to taste burnt.

>Good warmth (not as much as a T2, due to the long top end, but it's good enough).

>Cheap as balls. This has paid for itself already for me as I have no longer to buy T2 heads.

>NO Leaks, gurgles, drips. I've tried hanging it upside down and it will NOT leak.

Cons:
    >Out of the box it has a MAD whistle. It's extremely annoying, I fixed it by putting a piece of rolled up mesh in the hole, helped tighten the draw a bit too.

>You'd know it was cheap by looking at it, it also sits slightly crooked (who cares really).

I really recommend anyone who likes clearos to give it a shot. It's fantastic. 10/10

Side note:
    Does anyone know where I could get a 'skirt' for the bottom so that it will look better on an ego?

EDIT: Also, the tank holds bout 2.5-3ml.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jamie72 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get a 'skirt' for the bottom so that it will look better on an ego?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/adapters/69-smoktech-dct-ego-thread-cover.html

You probably want the ring for the 6ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »

Nice one, thanks.

Going to update this as me and my drunker had a falling out this morning.

Went to fill it up and it managed to knock itself over as I was putting the top on, this is an issue with this tank as it's very top heavy. I'd say I wasted a good bit of juice this way since I had the tank.

It now won't fire. Nothing at all. I just filled it and put that top back on, no idea what's causing it to not fire. Checked the connections and everything looks fine.

I was lucky I still had my T2 sitting in the drawer, albeit with juice as black as a 'night after Guinness' sh!ite.

The issue with the drunker, was the top centre post (which you push into a rubber gromit when rebuilding), was too far in. The fix was to pull the post out nearly the whole way and then screw it back together, so it gets pushed in just as far as it needs to go.

Grindle: Could you link me to the correct wick and wire?
    I've 3mm wick here which I'm finding too thick to get into the drunker easily and I've 0.2 Kanthal D, which has too high a resistance, I'm only able to get 1-2 wraps on the coil with it.

Not sure on the specs on wick and wire and would hate to buy the wrong stuff.

EDIT: Went with 0.26 mm Kanthal and 2mm Silica.

Advertisement