Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending a parcel locally..next day?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Not sure if im posting in the right place.
    Anyways, I wonder is it possible to get a same day deliverly service anywhere outside of Dublin?
    My local post office are good people and I hope they will help me out. So I would go in of a morning and they might deliver it that afternoon..evening.

Its for my girlfriend and id rather not deliver it myself..

That or I could give it to a florists along with some flowers and they could deliver little package along with some flowers? I dont really want to send flowers though...

anyone know if dpd or tnt do local deliveries and how much?

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't see An Post doing it, any postbox I've looked at recently has one collection at about 5:30 p.m. so no way would that be delivered the same day. Even the boxes inside post offices only claim to be collected once a day. I'd contact the big boys - DHL, UPS etc. if you want to use a regular courier. There have been some posts recently saying not very nice things about some of the smaller operators, including one of the ones you mentioned.

If it's realtively local, have you thought of getting a taxi to deliver it? You could negotiate the price with your local hackney over the phone, maybe agree that you'd drop the package down to them and one of their drivers then delivers.

Edit: thread title says 'next day', text of OP says 'same day'???

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Hi guys.

Not sure if im posting in the right place.
    Anyways, I wonder is it possible to get a same day deliverly service anywhere outside of Dublin?
    My local post office are good people and I hope they will help me out. So I would go in of a morning and they might deliver it that afternoon..evening.

Its for my girlfriend and id rather not deliver it myself..

That or I could give it to a florists along with some flowers and they could deliver little package along with some flowers? I dont really want to send flowers though...

anyone know if dpd or tnt do local deliveries and how much?

thanks guys.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=same+day+delivery+ireland :P

anpost do have a limited same day service, you'd want to get in early though. I'd go with nightline if it's urgent.

Advertisement