Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well now pure gossip but,..

Options
  • 05-09-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Mam was telling me that one of my neighbours from back home ie Baldoyle found things in his garden.turns out they are pottery and stuff from Normandy time. There seems to be some type of house/ estate built under ground and now archiogist have it marked off with bits of rope to look at.
    There seems to be some link with the Abby in doneghmede.
    The underground thing goes on for some distance.
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Google it if you don't believe me. That said it could be something to do with my poetry thing and I have finally gone over the edge.
    Easons not having any exam papers and a. 2 year old does that to you. .
    Gnight.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cathy if I were you I'd buy a metal detector for the parents and set them to work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Cathy if I were you I'd buy a metal detector for the parents and set them to work ;)
    Careful now!
    Advice to the Public from the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht and the National Museum of Ireland on Use of Metal Detection Devices in Ireland

The unauthorised use of metal detectors to look for archaeological objects is against the law.

Such usage is subject to severe penalties, including imprisonment and/or fines. The categories of objects that are most commonly located by metal detectorists in Ireland, such as coins, tokens, buttons, clothes fasteners, thimbles, keys, seals, weights, strap ends and belt mounts, all fulfil the definition of ‘archaeological objects’ which may only be searched for under license. It is advised therefore that persons do not engage in general searches for lost or buried objects as to do so may place them at risk of prosecution and endanger the archaeological heritage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Ooh the spoilports! I bet most people don't even know that law exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

I didn't, but at the same time, just get one and go looking for "coins" and stuff. Nothing historical, and if you find something, you find something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Crap, really should have read the whole thing.... meh

• Advertisement
Advertisement