Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black eye, HELP!!

• 05-09-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Gave myself a beaut of a black eye last weekend, incl 9 stitches over my right eyebrow. I have a party on Sat and really need you help in recommending products, particularly concealers, and any make up tips and remedies to make me look presentable if you have em...
    Fringe will cover stitch wound (getting them taken out Sat. the wound is too sore to put makeup on it) The one panda eye is my real issue..
    :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about your black eye!

Black eyes can be tricky to cover up. Try to use a liquid concealer instead of a cream because a liquid will blend better and won't clump. Use a yellow-green concealer to cover the bruise - it will offset the blue/red tones. You want to choose a concealer that's the complimentary color of the bruise color you're covering up. So if your bruise is still purple, get a yellow concealer; if it's more red, go with a light green. Once you've covered the bruise and blended the concealer in, let it set for a few minutes. Then dab on a concealer that matches your skin tone and let that set. Then put on your normal make up.

I hope this helps you for your party! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Thanks a million that's very good. Would u recommend any particular brand. Am 40 so don't want to emphasize lines too much.. Although am probably asking a lot... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

You could try arnica cream. You can get it in any chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

KKkitty wrote: »
    You could try arnica cream. You can get it in any chemist.

Have been using arnica. Not sure if its working. Eyes gotten blacker and bigger everyday since accident? Thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I had an accident before around my eyes that left wounds, black eye and swelling. I just put normal make up on, leaving a bit of room at the wounds and left it at that. I felt like there was no way I could hide what had happened, especially as the wounds couldn't be hidden. Everyone knew what had happened anyway. Ok, I don't look great in the photos but I suppose I didn't mind too much since it was out of my control.

• Advertisement
Advertisement