Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management Fees

Options
  • 06-09-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I live in a development which consists of a block of Duplex Town Houses ( Which I live in) ,also there is a separate block of apartments which have lifts. We are in dispute with the management company on the fees as they insist that we in the duplex town houses should pay for the maintenance of the lifts which is a proper to the apartment service. Has anybody out there encountered this problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It depends on the wording of your lease. Our development is a mixed development yet because of the wording of our leases everyone pays a percentage of the budget depending on your apartment size rather than on the services received. It's not fair but it's what we signed up to, not knowing any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Our development breaks the costs into two schedules, as they are called, one for apartments and one for apartments and houses. Anything apartment related to apartments goes in the apartment schedule and anything communal goes into the other schedule.

It seems you management agent is looking for the easy way out by just cutting all expenses evenly between all units.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

It seems you management agent is looking for the easy way out by just cutting all expenses evenly between all units.
    More than likely they are constrained by the terms of the leases.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

banner16 wrote: »
    I live in a development which consists of a block of Duplex Town Houses ( Which I live in) ,also there is a separate block of apartments which have lifts. We are in dispute with the management company on the fees as they insist that we in the duplex town houses should pay for the maintenance of the lifts which is a proper to the apartment service. Has anybody out there encountered this problem.

What do your contract documents say? What does your Lease Contract say about management fees and portions of the development budget that must be paid?

If in any doubt, bring your documents to a solicitor. They will be able to clarify exactly what you have to pay for.

Advertisement