Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ourbills.io - A simple group expense splitting web app

• 06-09-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24

Hey everyone,

After months of effort my friends and I have just released our new web-app ourbills.io.

bill-logo-128x128.png

We've designed it to be a simple way of splitting expenses/bills with your Facebook friends, like between your housemates. We'd love if some of you guys could try it out and let us know what you think!

Thanks,
    Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Page has no content, especially re how it works and why should people use it.

Reluctant to share any FB info without that info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 the-macho-man

tricky D wrote: »
    Page has no content, especially re how it works and why should people use it.

Reluctant to share any FB info without that info.

Thanks for the reply Tricky,

You're dead right - we've been currently just working on the functionality within the app itself, we will update the front page as soon as we can with explanatory content.

Not sure if you clicked "log in" but the only the FB permissions requested currently are your public info and friends list.

Regards,
    Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I did click login:

at first nothing happened a few times
    checked in Opera and nothing at all displayed
    tried again and login window popped up (try to get a round that ie. no pop-up)
    then content displayed on Opera

Even if it is just pub info and f list, you need to sell the concept first, otherwise users can't see the point and will tend to act accordingly ie. leave. Personally I'd prefer you not access the friends list and let me invite as I see fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 the-macho-man

Interesting, you should get a pop-up immediately. Its possible that the there is an issue with how we're using the Facebook Javascript API - thanks we will look into that. We haven't been testing in Opera - only Firefox & Chrome so far, so that's another possible reason.

We request the friends list so when you bring up the "Add Friends" modal, you can enter a friend's name & your friends will automatically show up with their photos for easy recognition. This also enables us to send Facebook app invites. Using Facebook was an initial method of solving the login and user invite use cases - in the longer term we hope to become independent of Facebook and just have it as a choice.

Have you tried inviting a friend or creating a bill? When you create a bill you'll see the timeline feature. :)

Thanks again for you feedback,

Best regards,
    Matt

Advertisement