Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early House Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

not yet wrote: »
    Years ago yes, and only after being in the four courts across the way, Seen to many nasty fights in it over the years to enjoy a pint in it, but it's one of my Da's locals so no choice sometimes.

Saturday morning is like a zoo in there with all the all night party people heading there.

Must check it out...I remember that place Out on The Liffey...was a gay bar at the weekend but during the week it was full of people who looked like they just got released from prison and were having a few wraps to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

chopper6 wrote: »
    Must check it out...I remember that place Out on The Liffey...was a gay bar at the weekend but during the week it was full of people who looked like they just got released from prison and were having a few wraps to celebrate.

Good with that..

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Any open Sundays?

No, there aren't any open on a Sunday. The only place you could get an early drink then would be the airport or a private club maybe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What time do these early houses typically open?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

7am, some are 8 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Opening time can vary all depends on the day really.

Mr.S wrote: »
    7am on the weekends and generally 8am during the week. They are not fun places

Why you say that? I wouldn't be a frequent visitor to early house's but do work shift work and have on a few occasions gone to an early house after work and wouldn't have had anything bad to say about them. There grand for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Mr.S wrote: »
    7am on the weekends and generally 8am during the week. They are not fun places

Haven't been to an early house in years, but if my memory serves correctly (but lets face it, it probably doesn't if I was in an early house) there is most definitely fun to be had in there, and lots of it too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I used to drink in Slatterys in Capel Street. One evening (about 20.00) I was sat at the bar with a pint of Guinness in my suit (worked around the corner in the law library). It was the day that the Minister for Justice was going into consultation about closing early houses. RTE news comes in looking to interview people on the matter. Bob (the owner) asked me to do it and put my point across.

I said no problem, gave my interview saying that it was good for people who work shifts etc (fruit market around the corner case in point). Anyway, the 9 o'clock news came on, and everybody was quiet waiting for the interview. The f*****s had edited it and made it out to look like I was in the pup at 07.30 in the morning, with a pint in front of me, in my suit - just before I went into work. Within 30 minutes I had about 60 text messages, from colleagues, friends and family asking wtf was I doing drinking so early in the morning before I went to work. The shame of it, and a couple of judges and SC passed comment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Always been curious about what kind of crowd would be in an early house. Not so much now but years ago me and my friends would often be drinking in someones house past 7 in the morning, but living out in the suburbs the thought of going all the way into town to check somewhere out was a bridge too far.

Anyone ever gone to the breakfast club events the dark horse put on every few months of a saturday morning? Djs playing and a cover charge in would definitely narrow the crowd but im curious if they get many people in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

There's something about leaving an early house at 3pm when you're completely jarred and it's bright outside and you see all the normal,non-drunk people going about their business....it's like stepping from one universe into another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

There's something about leaving an early house at 3pm when you're completely jarred and it's bright outside and you see all the normal,non-drunk people going about their business....it's like stepping from one universe into another.

Ha ha I can relate to that, don't know how many times I done it when I was younger (and even not so young) :-)

:pac::pac: defo the weirdest feeling is seeing people coming in all suited up for lunch and your sitting there at 12:30 on the vodkas already, last time I done it after a night shift didn't get home till 1a.m the next morning, probably why it's best only done once in a blue moon.

Advertisement