Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi plastic bed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

deadlast wrote: »

Homestore & More had them for half that price. I got one for under a tenner to fit 3 Border Terriers. It is size large. I'm not sure if they have any left though

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Knine wrote: »
    Homestore & More had them for half that price. I got one for under a tenner to fit 3 Border Terriers. It is size large. I'm not sure if they have any left though

Thanks for the reply. Yes it says large. I was in there last week and they only had crappy soft beds unfortunately. I think I'll get one of these And put an old duvet in it. I'm sick of buying cheapish soft beds and replacing them after a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I got these before, they're quite good, and I found only the most ardent of chewers will break it, it's quite a tough plastic. I do find though that if you use it for a fairly heavy dog that they can split underneath, still usable once there's a bed or blanket in it. (vet bed is best)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Homeworld in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre have large pink plastic beds for 10 euro. They look very like the beds Homestore & More had.

The shop is beside Homestore & more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I don't think it's that much of a bargain at Aldi. But I do think this type of bed is the most hardwearing and practical. I couldn't be doing with the foam beds. You can't wash the foam and the covers are a pain to take on and off for the wash and often the zips break.

I have Perla plastic beds for ten years, never had to replace them. I line them with sheets of newspaper (as there's usually some condensation from the heat of the dog) and top with a waterproof mattress and then layers of vet bed. Old towels on the vet bed if the dogs are wet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement