Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25% off everything in Homebase

• 06-09-2013 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Was in Homebase in liffey valley last night and they had 25% off everything in store and 50% off wallpaper because they are closing down. They have plenty in stock in all departments but act quick as it was pretty busy there last night.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭maria_81

JP85 wrote: »
    Was in Homebase in liffey valley last night and they had 25% off everything in store and 50% off wallpaper because they are closing down. They have plenty in stock in all departments but act quick as it was pretty busy there last night.

Sounds interesting. Do you know how long it is on until or when they're closing down. Might not be able to get there over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

maria_81 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. Do you know how long it is on until or when they're closing down. Might not be able to get there over the weekend

I imagine it will be on for a week or two until they clear most of the stock, then i imagine they will increase the discount even further to clear everything

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

JP85 wrote: »

Can anyone tell me where is Homebase in Liffey Valley ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

There is no Homebase in Liffey Valley, Homebase is infact in Fonthill retail park which is not too far from Liffey Valley but people still class is as it Liffey Valley. Fonthill Retail park is where the nct centre, power city, elverys and smyths is.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Has anyone heard anything about home base Carlow? Really going to miss it when it goes:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

Just back from Fonthill

Almost everything has 25% off (kitchen & furniture & the like excluded)
    Some stuff has 34% off while other stuff has 50% off

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭downesy

dm1979 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about home base Carlow? Really going to miss it when it goes:(

Have heard nothing yet but they had 25% off most things last weekend so I'm assuming it'll be closed soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

Anyone know if the Navan store is offering the same discounts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anyone know if the Navan store is offering the same discounts?

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreLocatorFlow?langId=&storeId=10151&slsid=894

Number

Phone

Ring

Very simple to do.;):)

paddy147 wrote: »

What would I do without you Paddy ?!! :D

• Advertisement

I thought it would be rude to ignore Paddy's hint, I called the Navan store and that offer is only on in stores that are closing down. Navan isn't one of them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

I thought it would be rude to ignore Paddy's hint, I called the Navan store and that offer is only on in stores that are closing down. Navan isn't one of them :(
    How sad that all those people keep their jobs.

What would I do without you Paddy ?!! :D

I know I know.

I live to give.....:pac::D:D

tobsey wrote: »

I know one of the ladies who works in Homebase Santry.

She said to me yesterday that Homebase HQ are trying to give the some of those employees positions elsewhere and in other parts of the Homebase network......like distribution,warehousing and transportation area.

It might not be much,but at least it would be something.

They may also be able to get positions with Argos as Argos and Homebase are all owned by the same bigger UK company...and the parent company is also looking at this possibility aswell.

tobsey wrote: »

Tobsey, you are taking what I am saying out of context. I meant if I wanted the discount I would have to travel.

Of course I'm happy these people get to keep their jobs, especially the Navan store as I shop there often.

I dont think Trancechick or anyone for that matter would wish that to happen to any person......(losing their job due to a forced closeure).

I took it that the lady/Trancechick was sad that there were no general deals in the Navan store...as Homebase Navan seems to be her local store of choice.:)

Sure when I 1st saw/read this thread quickly,I actually did think for a second that Homebase Santry would also have 25% off.
    But I re-read the thread again and realized that it was only the store that is closing down....(very sad/unfortunate that it has to close down).

BTW....another thread has appeared on BA to say that Homebase carlow are also selling stuff off,as they are closing down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Was in Fonthill a the weekend and they were working in the store and signs says new store coming soon but was no date.
    There usually good for xmas decorations etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Fonthill due to reopen the week before christmas. Staff are currently being trained up in other stores.

Deals have been done on rent etc etc, to enable the store to be financially viable.

Advertisement