Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Miss Guided

Options
  • 06-09-2013 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently received an order from www.missguided.eu and one of the items was damaged, the others items didn't fit.

So I contacted customer care and they said they would refund part of the of the return postal costs for the damaged item but have said that they will only give me a credit note for their website.

Now, I am unhappy with their customer service for a start, I won't go into details, but suffice to say, I won't be ordering with them again after this fiasco.

What I'm wondering is, do I have to accept the postal refund in a credit note, or is there any law/legislation that they have to refund it in monetary form into my method of payment? Eg: I paid with debit card, so can they refund onto that, or does it have to be a credit note?

A credit note is simply useless to me because as I said I won't order with them again due to the hassle and inconvenience I have had over this whole thing.

I have asked numerous times for a phone number for customer care and each request has been ignored, and each email is the same general email that has a different person's name signed to the end of it.

One told me that I could be refunded the postal charge and then everyone else after that said it would be a credit note. So I am assuming that they can refund in monetary form, but choose not to, as a credit note would force me into buying from them and as a result they would then make more money.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Charge back via your bank if possible. Distance selling should apply, a search here or on google should be fruitful.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Maybe try posting on their facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Thanks guys.

Thanks for those links Oryx, I actually found them myself after Googling for ages, rang one and got through, had an email within the hour, nothing since, despite replying to said email.

I posted the items back today, I wonder if I could still do a charge back? They sent the items via courier if that has any relevance.

I returned the items via registered post also.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Distance selling rules protect you here. The damaged item, they should cover the cost of return and either repair, replace or refund. For the item that didn't fit, this falls under "change of mind" and you can return it for a refund, but at your own cost.

In both cases they should refund via the original payment method.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dudara.

They emailed me last night explaining that they cannot refund any money that has not been paid into their bank or PayPal account.

I will look into Distance selling regulations now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

It clearly states on their website that you can return any item (excluding hygiene items) with 14 days of delivery for a full refund. What reason are they giving you OP for refusing the refund?

It clearly states on their website that you can return any item (excluding hygiene items) with 14 days of delivery for a full refund. What reason are they giving you OP for refusing the refund?

They are not refusing me a refund as such, what they said was, they won't/can't refund the cost of return postage for the faulty item, and will only offer a credit note for that.

Advertisement