Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Festival, Glendalough House, 27th October 2013

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Haven't seen a thread up for this yet, if there is let me know. Looks only Beast !

http://samhain-festival.com/

Samhain is an BYO, fancy dress, electronic and live music one day event held at Glendalough House. This iconic location is nestled snugly in The Garden of Ireland; Co wicklow

Samhain is a place to enjoy the best international names in house & techno, cutting edge electronica, and some of the most innovative vibrant and creative Irish live acts

Samhain will take place on october 27th 2013 from 17:00 till Late

Glendalough-House-front-lawn.jpg

All you have to know is that this guy will be there !

Todd+Terje.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Link is dead, any other info available?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Webby is down at the moment but all the info is here http://www.life-festival.com/samhain/

Looking forward to this, byob events are always tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Yeah, they're having trouble with their website at the moment.

Try this : life-festival.com/samhain/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Awesome.See you all there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Mr.S wrote: »
    Looks interesting and great value. the max of "12 units" of alcohol is a bit crap, isn't a can like 1unit?

A 330ml one maybe. One of those 5% 500ml bottles from Lidl is 1.9 units.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Looks interesting and great value. the max of "12 units" of alcohol is a bit crap, isn't a can like 1unit?

I might be going blind but where are you seeing that? Barn Dance this year was byob up around the same area and there were no restrictions. Maybe its just to discourage people showing up with 2 crates, cant see them being that strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hope they've got whatever legal stuff properly sorted, sessions down there before have been relatively low-key, but this is being plastered absolutely everywhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

will this be inside tents or whats the story? id imagine it will be freezing by the end of October beside a lake.

I might be going blind but where are you seeing that? Barn Dance this year was byob up around the same area and there were no restrictions. Maybe its just to discourage people showing up with 2 crates, cant see them being that strict.
    it was up on the site yesterday, but doesn't seem to be there now. they said on facebook that 12 units is "a guide" as they'd prefer people drink responsibly.

first lot of €45 early bird tickets sold out earlier today, they've just released 100 more, then after that it will be €55.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Tickets booked :) anyone know the capacity for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 reux_

Silly question, but is this mainly indoors or outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

This is going to be pretty loose

reux_ wrote: »
    Silly question, but is this mainly indoors or outdoors?
    "Venue site will be indoors ( Tents/ Marquees) with some outdoors elements "

https://www.facebook.com/thefeastofsamhain/posts/162135417323540
    Hey Guys. Early Bird 2 is now completely sold out. More tickets will be on sale soon, tickets are limited so pick them up as soon as possible to avoid disappointment . This event will sell out.

http://www.samhain-festival.com/

No messing there, wonder what the capacity is for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chrisc89

will this be inside tents or whats the story? id imagine it will be freezing by the end of October beside a lake.

I asked on their facebook page yday and they said it was in tents..

No messing there, wonder what the capacity is for this.

They have had festivals in glendalough before.. just never one with house or any sort of dance music really. They usually had 3000+ at them

they've had several with dance music in Glendalough House before, nothing as big as this though that i can remember.

they've had several with dance music in Glendalough House before, nothing as big as this though that i can remember.

Ah, sorry I was looking on the Glendalough website and looked like it was only rock and the likes.. No mention of banging house tunes for some reason...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Got my ticket for this a few days ago. Can not wait.

Going to get cracking on my Inspector Norse costume over the next few days.

https://www.facebook.com/thefeastofsamhain/posts/165889913614757
    Delighted to announce Samhain is now officially SOLD OUT. Thanks to everybody that bought a ticket and apologises to those of you who missed out. Watch this space for travel information and the next round of acts.

Ticket arrived in the post today :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

wow only booked mine the other day, didnt think it'd sell out at all this early

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rj087

Anybody know of anyone selling a ticket to this?! I need 2 but will take 1. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LaminatorSGL

THIS WEEKEND! Anyone else pumped for this Sunday? Costumes sorted? Any ideas on how many stages there'll be? How big the marquees/tents are?

not doing a costume [/killjoy]

i believe there's 3 stages. 1 Bodytonic one, 1 Bedlam one, possibly an Emergence one too?

e: the website says there's 4 stages.

Bus booked for 6, now to stock up on the buckfast. Pity about the weather but they've said the stages are covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Do you think they would allow you on any bus or only the time you specifically booked for? (I am talking about official travel through Marathon)

Advertisement