Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen Hansard Vicar Street 26th November

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this? Never seen him live before other than when I used to see him busk on Grafton Street when I was a young wan.

On another note, the tickets are advertised as €20 but I've been charged €30 plus booking on Ticketmaster. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Anyone going to this? Never seen him live before other than when I used to see him busk on Grafton Street when I was a young wan.

On another note, the tickets are advertised as €20 but I've been charged €30 plus booking on Ticketmaster. :confused:

Actually noticed this as well,really annoying-70 bucks for two including booking fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I emailed Ticketmaster and they said all the rest of the gigs are €20 but the Vicar Street one is €30. Quite expensive really but hoping it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Glen Hansard is always worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Just go lads, last time he played there it was a 3 hour show

Well of course I'm going, I have tickets. I don't begrudge the price just the fact that it was advertised at €20 not €30.
    Looking forward to it. Haven't seen him live before other than the aforementioned busking way way back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thanks to this thread I see he is playing Cork too. Delighted!

He's doing a tour round Ireland playing the likes of Cavan, Sligo, Dundalk etc but not sure when the dates will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,422 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He's doing a tour round Ireland playing the likes of Cavan, Sligo, Dundalk etc but not sure when the dates will be released.
    why does everyone miss Waterford. Saw him supporting Bruce Springsteen in kilkenny and really enjoyed him. worth the money no doubt

Hopefully I hear about it before it sells out then. With some luck there'll be tickets for Cork on toutless.

Sorry, meant to say the dates are available on his Facebook page but tickets aren't.

https://www.facebook.com/GlenHansardMusic/app_123966167614127

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Glen is playing at Cyprus Avenue in Cork on Oct.28th
    Clonakilty on Oct. 24th

I notice that Ballycotton is already sold out, so it looks like tickets are going fast.

He is doing these gigs solo,without the band, just Lisa O'Neill accompanying him. Except for Vicar Street, which is with the Frames plus a great brass section.

Judging by his gigs in USA and in Europe this year, Glen is at the top of his game right now, and I would say it will be a brilliant show !

morebarn2 wrote: »
    Glen is playing at Cyprus Avenue in Cork on Oct.28th
    Clonakilty on Oct. 24th

I notice that Ballycotton is already sold out, so it looks like tickets are going fast.

He is doing these gigs solo,without the band, just Lisa O'Neill accompanying him. Except for Vicar Street, which is with the Frames plus a great brass section.

Judging by his gigs in USA and in Europe this year, Glen is at the top of his game right now, and I would say it will be a brilliant show !

Where are these tickets being sold? I've not seen them on Ticketmaster or on the Facebook page? Trying to get to another one of the shows

Where are these tickets being sold? I've not seen them on Ticketmaster or on the Facebook page? Trying to get to another one of the shows

Tickets.is has some, but I can only see Clonakilty and Cork on that. Have an as up on toutless now for Cork show myself.

Advertisement