Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 alarm contact problem

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Have a HKC securewave 1070 system installed about 20 months. In the last few days its been saying that the garage contact are open. When I have a look at that loop there are 2 magnetic door sensors & a roller shutter door contact which run on a single cable back to the control panel in the house. All wiring is 6 core. When I lifted the garage shutter door contact off the floor its a sealed unit with no evidence of damage

When I had a look at the door sensors, one of them had a arrow pointing downwards rather then towards the other half of the sensor above - I turned it round. Is there any way of diagnosing if it is a wiring problem or something up with one of the 3 sensors.
    Advice really appreciated & am happy to work through whatever you suggest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Have a HKC securewave 1070 system installed about 20 months. In the last few days its been saying that the garage contact are open. When I have a look at that loop there are 2 magnetic door sensors & a roller shutter door contact which run on a single cable back to the control panel in the house. All wiring is 6 core. When I lifted the garage shutter door contact off the floor its a sealed unit with no evidence of damage

When I had a look at the door sensors, one of them had a arrow pointing downwards rather then towards the other half of the sensor above - I turned it round. Is there any way of diagnosing if it is a wiring problem or something up with one of the 3 sensors.
    Advice really appreciated & am happy to work through whatever you suggest

Only with a meter. If you say the arrow was pointing down the I would assume the shock part of the sensor is not connected and the reed is just in use. Another option if you dont have a meter is to disconnect the alarm part of the sensor and close it off to see if that closes the zone. Do one by one to find which one is causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Thats terrific, will have a go at it. The roller shutter sensor has 2 white & 2 red wire coming back to the contact box which is then wired back to the two doors via 6 core alarm cable- how would I see if this is OK? Have run a new cable between the shutter door & the central box for the loop & the fault persisted.

Am assuming if it is none of the contacts, then that its a wiring problem

Thats terrific, will have a go at it. The roller shutter sensor has 2 white & 2 red wire coming back to the contact box which is then wired back to the two doors via 6 core alarm cable- how would I see if this is OK? Have run a new cable between the shutter door & the central box for the loop & the fault persisted.

Am assuming if it is none of the contacts, then that its a wiring problem

If you disconnect the cable going to the control panel and close it off then this will rule out an issue with the cable. Then reconnect and close off each device as your going to see which one is causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Thanks - confirmed its a wiring problem going back to the main box, have an idea where the line break could be so will replace the length of wiring - fingers crossed, would prefer not to go the wireless route

Thanks - confirmed its a wiring problem going back to the main box, have an idea where the line break could be so will replace the length of wiring - fingers crossed, would prefer not to go the wireless route

Your welcome, glad you found the problem :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement