Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges - Why is Fingal so expensive

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Just got a renewal notice from Panda so went to check there pricing on their website.

In Fingal the Annual Charge is €110
    In DL/RD the Annual Charge is €64

In Fingal the per lift is €9.45 for 240 ltr bin
    In DL/RD the per lift is €3.75

Where I am I'm were still using bin tags. There is a note on the site about Fingal moving to electronic chip. Have a feeling that was there last year. Not sure if that is just so you can put credit on your bin or to do with pay by weight.

So am I missing something obvious here as to why Fingal is some more expensive. Is the DL/RD bin smaller hence they need to put out more often.

What other options are available in NCD (Malahide)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

What you are missing is that DLR residents have to pay an extra €22 annual charge for the brown bin, and in addition to the flat rate per lift they pay per kg for the waste in the bin.

That would certainly even things out a bit.

Advertisement