Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry Level SLR Camera

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

Started this new thread as when I searched for similar ones they were a few years old.

I am looking to buy my first digital SLR camera, looking at a price range between 200 and 400 euro. (If this is not enough let me know as I haven't a clue!)

Looking for something with good resolution, good shutter speed, reliability and durability. I am heading to Peru for traveling and would like to have the camera for the trip.

Hope ye can point me in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

The best direction I can point you in is a well stocked camera shop. Try all the models from the main manufacturers in your hand and see what feels right.

All the modern DSLRs, even the bottom of the range ones will do all the things you mention perfectly well. Bear in mind that you may (will!) want to add more bits and pieces (lenses, flash guns etc) as your addiction grows, so maybe best to consider your purchase as a starting point for a camera system. From this point of view, there is a wider second hand market in gear from Nikon and Canon, with the others following behind.

FWIW I went into a shop to buy a Canon film SLR years ago, but the equivalent Nikon just sat better in my hand and from that small decision, a lifetime of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) was set in stone...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you are going traveling, you might want to consider something a bit lighter and more compact than a DSLR.

Have a look at the Micro 4/3 system. Far more compact than DSLR's and yet still very good image quality. Here is one possibility at a good price:
    http://www.fotohanskeuzekamp.nl/product_detail/6179/0/olympus-pen-e-pl3-zilver--14-42-ii-r.html

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SK101

I have been kinda stuck between two cameras now, the NIKON D3100 and the NIKON D3200. The D3100 is much cheaper than the D3200 but I am afraid of choosing it incase I am losing out on a lot of quality due to the cheaper price. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

SK101 wrote: »
    I have been kinda stuck between two cameras now, the NIKON D3100 and the NIKON D3200. The D3100 is much cheaper than the D3200 but I am afraid of choosing it incase I am losing out on a lot of quality due to the cheaper price. Any opinions?
    you aint going to notice much difference betwen those two bodies regarding IQ.If i were you i would spend the money where it really counts....lenses.

Advertisement