Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recieved a warning for trolling

Options
  • 06-09-2013 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

this is going beyond the joke. a mod in the soccer forum is abusing their power in regards to me. this is the same mod that was over zealous the last time with me leading to a ban. the same mod told me i was being a "d#ck" when he banned me, which is very much uncalled for. this shows that the mod is being unprofessional and making it personal instead of taking this on merit. i know that mods are not paid but that doesnt mean they should be abusive of power.

i was now given a warning for trolling which is complete rubbish

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paulegend View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L'prof View Post
    Özil is 24. He'll prolly still be at Arsenal when van Persie retires!
    or he will move on to win trophies

this is what he said to me

Dear Paulegend,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

disruptive?? i gave my opinion based on the topic at the time which was ozil and van persie

stress??? i keep getting warnings for having an alterior opinion to others???? if anything the stress is more on me. why dont you ask him about the crap i went through on the same forums about my opinion on if luis suarez went to arsenal and how liverpool would be 60 goals worse off for it(gave reasons) and how mods of the forum joined in mocking and abusing me about it even now??? how is that not disruptive and causing stress??? its harrasment

this mod is a joke

now i gave my opinion that ozil will probably leave arsenal to win trophies by the time van persie retires. how is what i said any different to the other posters slagging off van persie's situation being at united now under a rubbish manager. i gave my opinion and that was it.

i have pm'd the mod in question but i doubt he will be replying as it wouldnt be in his interests. the fact is my warning was bred out of a personal thing. it is complete rubbish and this mod should be reprimanded for abuse of power. the problem with allowing mods to comment in their own forums is that if you disagree with them they have the power to be like this. its a disgrace. media personalities arent allowed to have an opinion and thats the way it should be here. mods shouldnt be allowed to comment in their own forum. at least under the same profile.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you have a problem with a specific mod start a Help Desk thread or PM the relevant CMod(s). If you have an issue with modding in general, take it to Feedback. This thread will not deal with either - simply was your yellow card for this post
    Paulegend wrote: »
    or he will move on to win trophies;)
    warranted?

You have a "record" of winding up Arsenal fans and not all posts that could have been actioned have been. That post was having a dig at Arsenal and their fans in the Arsenal team talk thread. You clearly did not learn your lesson from your previous attempts to wind up Arsenal fans

I would suggest you stay out of that thread going forward, as if your low-level trolling continues your access to the forum will be removed

Yellow Card upheld

You may ask for an Admn to review this should you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

what??? seriously that is ridiculous

my "record" of winding up fans is rubbish. in the past i was given yellows for trolling when i was in fact having a discussion.

- "That post was having a dig at Arsenal and their fans in the Arsenal team talk thread."
    in that very post they where having a dig at van persie........................

it seems like its one rule for one and another rule for another

im sure if i just agreed with everyone and bullied people with a differing opinion like most of the others i would never get a warning. this whole thing is ridiculous

what i said was not trolling and is nowhere near trolling. using past things is crap. you might as well say that me posting now is trolling because if you are going to go on the discretion of a mod then their opinion is always going to be biased

considering the mod is the same one who has abused me in a PM how can this not be seen

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you have received an abusive PM from anyone report it and let the Admins deal with it

Your behavoiur in this thread speaks for itself and I am not engaging further with you here.

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

surely you cant be serious. im sorry but what is wrong with my behavior here? i am annoyed at the situation as i feel i am being pushed out of the soccer boards.

yes i would like an admin to review it please

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

yes i would like an admin to review it please
    OK, I've had a look. In light of the fact that you said this:
    my "record" of winding up fans is rubbish. in the past i was given yellows for trolling when i was in fact having a discussion.
    ...I've reviewed your previous yellow cards also. They were all completely justified, and I would in fact have issued a red card in any other forum for at least one of them.

If you're worried about being pushed out of the soccer forum, you need to have a long, hard think about how you post, particularly (it would appear) where Arsenal are concerned.

Warning is upheld.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement