Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Bird

• 06-09-2013 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I was driving to the gym this morning and I noticed a bird in the middle of the road.

Cars were literally driving over its head and it was just sitting there. I drove over it too and then did a u-turn and went back, picked it up and put it in the long grass on the side of the road.

I went to the gym, came back about 80 minutes later and it was still there. It doesn`t seem to be able to fly but is able to move around.

I brought it home and have it in a cage. What bird is this? And any other recommendations on what to do next?

Picture attached.

9686395856_53fa948a7c_c.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Good on you op.
    Looks like a female blackbird, perhaps a well-developed juvenile.
    This page and links from it should help:

http://www.irishwildlifematters.ie/animals/birds.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

Found the poor little fellow dead this afternoon, he was lying down in the plastic container I had water in. Sniff :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Blue Whale wrote: »
    Found the poor little fellow dead this afternoon, he was lying down in the plastic container I had water in. Sniff :(

Sorry to hear that. From my experience, if they are easy to catch, then they are in a pretty bad way. More times than not they succumb to their illness/injuries.

Advertisement