Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween prop -- Question

Options
  • 06-09-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Im playing a Halloween party and wanted to add something fun as people enter the house.

I wanted to have something that is triggered when someone walks in and a loud horror scream plays out.. Hopefully scaring the sh!t out of them and if possible take a photo at the same time :D

The taking a photo is optional.

Does anyone have any idea how something like this could be done.. or if there’s some kind of product out there already that is triggered by infra-red.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Expensive solution for you to consider.

- A WEMO Motion could be the trigger - http://www.harveynorman.ie/belkin-wemo-switch-and-motion.html

- The Motion sets off a trigger using IFTTT.COM to your ...

- ..smart phone (with Bluetooth) with the recording you want played. This is connected to a

- Bluetooth speaker - http://www.harveynorman.ie/sony-hi-fi-system-cmt-bt60b.html

I used Harvey Normans for example but you can get this gear online too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hi All.

Im playing a Halloween party and wanted to add something fun as people enter the house.

I wanted to have something that is triggered when someone walks in and a loud horror scream plays out.. Hopefully scaring the sh!t out of them and if possible take a photo at the same time :D

The taking a photo is optional.

Does anyone have any idea how something like this could be done.. or if there’s some kind of product out there already that is triggered by infra-red.

thanks.

A webcam and pc with the correct software should be able to do this task.

Alternatively a PIR sensor, sound system and camera would work.

Advertisement