Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day Care - Galway

• 06-09-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend doggy daycare either the east side of the city or in Loughrea/Athenry/Oranmore/Craughwell direction? Failing that someone that does home boarding that may consider taking a dog during work hours?

I know of the place in Briarhill but I am not interested in using them.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Hmm, this isn't going to be hugely helpful - but - I saw a flyer in a shop in Athenry (This n That if you know it, they have loads of flyers on their door all the time) for a lady who does home boarding around the area, it was a time I was looking for similar myself. However, this was late last year and I don't have her details any more sorry (I didn't need to use her in the end)! But maybe you could go to the shop and look on their door if you're around the area? I told you it wasn't hugely helpful, sorry :o

Failing that have a look in Athenry Vet Clinic they have lots of posters up for all different services might have a home boarding one?

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks TP that's a great start. I don't live in Athenry so don't know of that company but I do know a vet nurse that works in the clinic so that's a place to ask.

Thank you very much x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I think there's a place called Big and Small somewhere in Galway too.

I've no experience of them I"m afraid, came across an advertisement of them somewhere somehow.

Sorry for the vague answer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I think there's a place called Big and Small somewhere in Galway too.

I've no experience of them I"m afraid, came across an advertisement of them somewhere somehow.

Sorry for the vague answer :)

Big and small is on the galway moycullen road so more west of galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Check with the local boarding kennels ; some of them offer day care / creche.

I know Galway Kennels near Ardrahan do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 beanbrea

I used the galway kennels in ardrahan and[ i was very dissapointed.
    My dog was soaking wet and filthy and smelt awful. His bed was returned soiled with feces. And to ad to it all he had diarrhea for two days after he returned home. I felt so bad for leaving him there as he is normally such a happy dog.
    There is a kennel in bushy park that is supposed to be very good.

quote="toadfly;86403292"]Can anyone recommend doggy daycare either the east side of the city or in Loughrea/Athenry/Oranmore/Craughwell direction? Failing that someone that does home boarding that may consider taking a dog during work hours?

I know of the place in Briarhill but I am not interested in using them.

Thanks in advance :D[/quote]

Advertisement