Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want an S4 or iphone on billpay....I think!

Options
  • 06-09-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi lads and ladies,

I've been with o2 prepay for like 10 years now and after busting my well past it iphone 3gs and working with a useless blackberry for the last while I've decided I now definitely want a new phone....quick! I'm down to the S4 (most likely :D) or iphone 5. I say most likely S4 because I've been brainwashed by apple for years and have used samsungs recently and they look and feel like the business.

So what I'm wondering is who should I get it from? When will 3 and o2 actually merge and is there any point in waiting for that to happen?

Don't want Vodafone...no go for me :mad:

O2 offered me a deal for 55 a month that had 2gb of shared internet(free allegedly) to use with a tablet as well that sounds appealing....any other networks do this :confused:? I also know I can get the phone a lot cheaper from o2 if I wait until the end of the month because they offered me €100 off on the spot on the last day of June when I enquired ;)

Three have a plan for 55 a month and phone only costs €9 apparently...unlimited everything...if data could be shared with then this sounds good to me although I'd be worried about their coverage as I'm from Donegal hence why I've always been with o2 and that's why I'm asking about when they will officially merge :confused:...

As for the others emobile and meteor I'm not convinced by them but maybe I should be. It's head frying looking for the best deal so hoping someone with experience will point me in the right direction :)

Also I had an uncle who managed an o2 shop in northern Ireland and he told me that everyone working in the shops had at least 30 "family and friends" discount packages they could offer to customers and that I should ask for that in the o2 shop first off....anyone any experience of this?? He was able to give customers 30% off the price of their plan for the duration of their contract....If I could get that today then I'd sign up immediately!

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Hi lads and ladies,

I've been with o2 prepay for like 10 years now and after busting my well past it iphone 3gs and working with a useless blackberry for the last while I've decided I now definitely want a new phone....quick! I'm down to the S4 (most likely :D) or iphone 5. I say most likely S4 because I've been brainwashed by apple for years and have used samsungs recently and they look and feel like the business.

So what I'm wondering is who should I get it from? When will 3 and o2 actually merge and is there any point in waiting for that to happen?

Don't want Vodafone...no go for me :mad:

O2 offered me a deal for 55 a month that had 2gb of shared internet(free allegedly) to use with a tablet as well that sounds appealing....any other networks do this :confused:? I also know I can get the phone a lot cheaper from o2 if I wait until the end of the month because they offered me €100 off on the spot on the last day of June when I enquired ;)

Three have a plan for 55 a month and phone only costs €9 apparently...unlimited everything...if data could be shared with then this sounds good to me although I'd be worried about their coverage as I'm from Donegal hence why I've always been with o2 and that's why I'm asking about when they will officially merge :confused:...

As for the others emobile and meteor I'm not convinced by them but maybe I should be. It's head frying looking for the best deal so hoping someone with experience will point me in the right direction :)

Also I had an uncle who managed an o2 shop in northern Ireland and he told me that everyone working in the shops had at least 30 "family and friends" discount packages they could offer to customers and that I should ask for that in the o2 shop first off....anyone any experience of this?? He was able to give customers 30% off the price of their plan for the duration of their contract....If I could get that today then I'd sign up immediately!

Thanks in advance! :D

i switched from o2 to 3 in april and got an s3 free, moving from €40/month with o2 to €40.66/month with 3. This gave me unlimited data etc. Not sure about what deals they do on s4 but I work in the repair business and find the S3/S4 much better then iphones.

I have read people complain about 3's customer support but I found o2 to be hopeless. I was getting billed for add-ons which came as part of the agreement and had a lot of difficulty getting refunds so I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

I see now that 3 are offering an s4 free on their 55 a month contract in selected stores so I'd say I will plump for them seeing as how they'll be taking over o2 anyway soon. Just really would have liked the shared internet that o2 are offering also but I suppose we cant have everything!

Advertisement