Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banished

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've gotten to the stage where I have pretty much built everything that you can build and the town is trundling along with a steady food supply and population increase. At this stage is it just resource management and maintaining it while you increase the town size, or is there any technology evolution beyond stone houses.
    That's essentially it. Well, that and then suddenly realising that something has happened that's causing people to die and you're too late to stop it, so all you can do is sit and watch as all your villagers slowly die.

Cue an "outbreak" of no tools, thus causing everything to run at a fraction of its productivity and cutting your population by 3/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Cue an "outbreak" of no tools, thus causing everything to run at a fraction of its productivity and cutting your population by 3/4

Build several trading posts, stock them with lots of firewood, and trade them for whatever's needed at the time. Firewood is easily replenishable and makes for a great economy, logs sell for 2 and once they're converted to Firewood, they sell for 4. Build a few woodcutters early on and stock your traders ;)

Any emergency you have, you can always trade firewood for food, tools, building materials, whatever else.

Yeah I remember firewood being "OP"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks like the mod didn't install first time, started over last night and there are suddenly three times the number of options. Built a bee hive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Right now. I wish that there was a version on OS X. I'm away for the weekend without my main rig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Now my coal mine is producing cabbage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Picked this up for a fiver on the Steam sale. Started a game last night and its brilliant. Had 2 starvation kill offs in my first go but you always seem to be able to rebound. Was very constricted in my map being between 2 rives and a lake and being cut off from the other landmasses for a while. Getting to grips with it now so might just restart with a few of the tips i've read from this thread. Is it worth restarting with the Colonial Mod or just give Vanilla another go until I'm more familiar with it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Colonial Mod is well worth installing straight away I think, it doesn't really change the game as much as it adds more stuff to do into it. The issue I found was that I had so many activities for my town that I couldn't possibly take care of all of it :D Rotating Farmers back into other jobs when the harvest is done is important (as is bringing them back from whatever to be farmers when August hits). If you can take care of the food stores and you've got a couple of firewood places on the go, you should last out any winter.

Tools are always the problem for me, sometimes you get to the point where the game just can't keep up and things all start to grind to an unfortunate mess :)

Advertisement