Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi Ethernet issues

• 06-09-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I recently got a Raspberry Pi model B and everything is working fine, except the internet. I am using my laptop as a connection bridge as my router is downstairs and I do have bridge enabled and the Pi recognises that there is a ethernet cable there but still no internet... Can anybody please help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 imronburgundy

Hi,
    If you are using Windows 7 follow these instructions to enable Internet Connection Sharing:
    Go to Control Panel> view by small icons> network and sharing center> change adapter settings> right click on your wireless network connection and click properties> click the sharing tab at the top> tick " Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"> under home networking connection select local area connection> untick "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection".

I have used these steps to connect my Xbox 360 to the net, and to connect my Raspberry Pi also.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Hi,
    If you are using Windows 7 follow these instructions to enable Internet Connection Sharing:
    Go to Control Panel> view by small icons> network and sharing center> change adapter settings> right click on your wireless network connection and click properties> click the sharing tab at the top> tick " Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"> under home networking connection select local area connection> untick "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection".

I have used these steps to connect my Xbox 360 to the net, and to connect my Raspberry Pi also.

That worked perfectly thanks a million man :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 imronburgundy

No Problem man. Better off getting a wifi adapter though. Get rid of the need for cables, and they're cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

I got one today actually

Advertisement