Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tyrrelstown gives me sickening Migraines ? *not looking for medical advice*

Options
  • 06-09-2013 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

As my last post was taken down i need to post this again , let me be CLEAR I am not seeking medical advice simple seeing if anyone has suffered or heard of this before !

So...

I visit a house in Tyrrelstown once a week and every time i am there I get a headache/migrane. To the point now that I am getting a sick stomach along with it. I AM VISITING MY DOCTOR NEXT WEEK, but would like to research this before i see him so i have as much information for him as possible.And I am not from that area so maybe people on here will know more about the area than I do. Im not sure if its something in the house , (its a privet house in Mount Garrett) or another environmental cause in the general area. I personally suspect that crazy amount of electricity pylons that is maybe a mile away from the house. But I am very interested in seeing if anyone else has heard of anything like this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

got a migraine from this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Is it your mother in law's house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

did you check out the crop circles up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Im not sure if its something in the house , its a privet house in Mount Garrett

Plain green, or variegated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Would you not go the obvious route and check if there's anything in the house that affects you ? Your thread title is a bit over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Does the house owner have scented candles, air fresheners, scented plug ins....or wearing a strong perfume? I get migraines too which are brought on by a number of things, the number one cause is smells. One of my aunts is a huge fan of scented plug ins and also wears a strong perfume, whenever I visit her house I get an almost instant migraine. Strong artificial smells are known migraine triggers but not everyone is aware of this. Years ago I kept track of every headache or migraine by writing down as much as I could about my surroundings/things Id consumed in the hours leading up to the onslaught, maybe this is something you could do....take in your surroundings and try to identify smells/food/drink/even artificial forms of light that you aren’t typically exposed to and hopefully a pattern will emerge.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Look up sick building syndrome & work from there on the house. Other than that Pylons are a normal cause. Also quite a few Pharma companies nearby so see if its wind direction dependent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So it's either the pylons, which there's contradicting research on if they actually cause health issues, or the pharmaceutical companies targeting just this one individual ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

That would be a hard one to track down. Have the house checked for dodgy mains and any other electrical output as it could just be extremely low frequency noise from an electrical appliance or outlet that is causing the headaches.

Also ceiling fans as well. Get the house "noise spectrum measured".

The low frequency sensitivity syndrome includes: feelings of irritation/unease/stress/undue fatigue; headache; nausea; vomiting; heart palpitations; disorientation; swooning/prostration.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

maybe its all in your head?

ok i'll leave now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Mr.McLovin wrote: »
    maybe its all in your head?

ok i'll leave now :D

It is in his head, that's where he gets the headaches Helllooo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

is it your girlfriend you're visiting?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph