Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinners Dog Food Amazon

• 06-09-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Could somebody please post the link for ordering Skinners Dog Food off Amazon?

I remember it came recommended as a great food for the price on here before.

I generally feed GRAW or Beta but I have a litter of pups that I want to start on Skinners when they're ready for nuts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Don't have the Amazon link but I get mine from www.vetuk.co.uk - would usually be about €11 delivery for two 15kg bags and I get other bits and bobs with my order as well.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/skinners-skinners-field-and-trial-c-1024_420_1283

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=skinners%20dog%20food&sprefix=skinner%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Askinners%20dog%20food

I usually get the dogs the Duck one. They seem to like it.

If you want free delivery you need to spend £25 or more (either buy the Salmon one - or order something else directly from amazon to get the free postage)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I get the 15kg bag of skinners delivered each month on the subscribe and save. I dont pay any postage and it works out at around 20euro for the one I get.

Look at the subscribe and save section on amazon for skinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I get the 15kg bag of skinners delivered each month on the subscribe and save. I dont pay any postage and it works out at around 20euro for the one I get.

Look at the subscribe and save section on amazon for skinners.

Tbh I wouldn't need a bag a month. I usually feed GRAW and rarely have nuts.

These are just for the pups. I got a bag of Beta puppy for the mother pre delivery but want to try the pups on Skinners.

I've read good things about it here.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Tbh I wouldn't need a bag a month. I usually feed GRAW and rarely have nuts.

These are just for the pups. I got a bag of Beta puppy for the mother pre delivery but want to try the pups on Skinners.

I've read good things about it here.

You dont have to get a delivery each month. You get an email about a week before they despatch it to remind you and if you dont want it you just cancel the delivery.

• Advertisement

angeldaisy wrote: »
    You dont have to get a delivery each month. You get an email about a week before they despatch it to remind you and if you dont want it you just cancel the delivery.

They just tried to charge me about £15 for delivery. Will subscribe and save get me out of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They just tried to charge me about £15 for delivery. Will subscribe and save get me out of that?

Are you getting the option for free super saver delivery? If you're spending over £25 from amazon or a fulfilled by amazon seller you should get it BUT I was buying stuff a few weeks ago and it wasn't offering like it should. I mailed them and they told me to order and they'd refund the shipping - their customer service is really good.

I know I dont pay postage at all, but can't check for you as I'm on my phone!

I think i made sure to select amazon as the seller

I just clicked on delivery options and it let me pick free super saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Hi folks,

Could somebody please post the link for ordering Skinners Dog Food off Amazon?

I remember it came recommended as a great food for the price on here before.

I generally feed GRAW or Beta but I have a litter of pups that I want to start on Skinners when they're ready for nuts.

PetBliss in Wicklow sell this from about 30euro/15kg [EMAIL="up....info@petbliss.com"]up....info@petbliss.com[/EMAIL] I think. I tried my dogs on it as a kind of cheaper option to some brands ...didn't notice any big difference, gonna give Eden a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

If you do not need it every month, subscribe and save on amazon allows you to choose a longer interval than once a month - up to once every six months

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    PetBliss in Wicklow sell this from about 30euro/15kg [EMAIL="up....info@petbliss.com"]up....info@petbliss.com[/EMAIL] I think. I tried my dogs on it as a kind of cheaper option to some brands ...didn't notice any big difference, gonna give Eden a shot.

Am I right in reading this as you didn't notice any difference when compared to more expensive brands?

So therefore you found it a good cheaper alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Am I right in reading this as you didn't notice any difference when compared to more expensive brands?

So therefore you found it a good cheaper alternative?

Yes I found it to be fine,

Me too.

Just wondering what type of Skinners do people buy?

There's a good few different variations. I have the pups on Field & Trial Puppy but what do people buy for their adult dogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

Duck and Rice - it is gluten free. I supplement with fish and veg and fish oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

feedyourpet.ie has SKinners - they have free delivery over E40....

The Duck and Rice, Salmon and Rice or the Turkey and Rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

aonb wrote: »
    feedyourpet.ie has SKinners - they have free delivery over E40....

Just clicked on the 15kg Duck and Rice...€39.50 which is a good bit more expensive than buying through Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Just wondering what type of Skinners do people buy?

There's a good few different variations. I have the pups on Field & Trial Puppy but what do people buy for their adult dogs?

Field & Trial Maintenance. Both on it now and they're in great form & condition & poops both good.
    €19 approx a bag every two months delivered to my door by Amazon.
    As pups, both started on the puppy, then to crunchy & finally to maintenance.
    I never got why people continue to pay out silly prices of 50-65 when a perfectly good alternative is available (exceptions of course for funny tummies). Similar contents etc. Have a friend who I call a food snob (lovingly obviously!), she's one of these that believes if it's expensive then it must be good, and if it's cheap it must be bad, it's an irish thing I think :-) (caveat here, yes there are cheap baaad foods, but there are cheap good foods too!)

Reason the F&T is so cheap is because it's a working dog food which I believe is VAT free in the UK. Even their anti-allergy is reasonably priced, know someone who moved their dogs to that one and it's been great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

what would be the main differences between the working dog version and regular versions?

Funnily enough, in the main, the working dog version (Field and Trial) seems to have better quality ingredients than their regular varieties. I don't think the ingredients or the recipes are to support working gundogs specifically, but simply by marketing them as foods for working dogs, they can be sold VAT free, which is attractive to people that work their dogs.

Not all Skinners' products are equivalent in quality to the likes of Burns, Arden Grange etc. but the Duck and Rice, Turkey and Rice and Salmon and Rice are. I steer clear of the cheaper Skinners products, e.g. Ruff and Ready.

Just a note to anyone who feeds Skinners and is ever near Newry or Enniskillen, Jollyes are selling it for £26.49 for 15kg.

They have limited stock though. Only had 3 bags in Enniskillen Saturday and didn't have the puppy type. Just had two different types of the Field and Trial.

I considered the Puppy Field and Trial for our new dog. Not the same quality as the adult Field and Trial duck/turkey/salmon range at all. Too many cereals and the meat protein not specified. Very disappointing. He's on Burns Original Puppy instead.

boomerang wrote: »
    I considered the Puppy Field and Trial for our new dog. Not the same quality as the adult Field and Trial duck/turkey/salmon range at all. Too many cereals and the meat protein not specified. Very disappointing. He's on Burns Original Puppy instead.

I hadn't realised that. I'm not very good at analysing the ingredients but it got a decent review online on whichdogfood and got decent feedback on another site I visit.

I might move back to Taste of the Wild for my pup so but my hope is to keep her on 100% Raw. I'm using nuts sparingly at the minute with her and her mother.

Our rehomed dog will have to stay on them now though. She's twelve so is reaching the end of the lifespan for a Norwegian Elkhound and we only got her two years ago so I feel its far too late now to move her completely onto raw with her digestive system used to ten years of nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Is there any supplier of EDEN in the Kildare/S.Dublin area? I just want to buy a small bag to try it with my fussy/sensitive older dog?

Also, I was at an expo last weekend, got talking to a dog food rep who seemed to be very knowledgable - he said at one stage that moistening dry dog food (kibble) is NOT a good idea - that it changes the make up (protein?) of the food and make it harder to digest - any comments on this (I moisten kibble for said older dog) and thought it was ok to do - intensifying the flavour and making bigger kibble easier to chew etc

Just a quick note to say that Skinners Field & Trial Superior is reduced to £22.61 on Amazon at the minute. That's a reduction of £6.14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Millem wrote: »

Noticed this myself. It stayed around the same price for over a year. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Noticed this myself. It stayed around the same price for over a year. Very annoying.

It is very annoying! I am subscribing to 5 things on amazon so am saving 15% but still and all. I am stock piling it at the mo have two bags unopened and due another two 27th dec. :) I checked my dec order but am getting charged lower price. I don't really know how it works!!

Advertisement