Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinners Dog Food Amazon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Millem wrote: »
    It is very annoying! I am subscribing to 5 things on amazon so am saving 15% but still and all. I am stock piling it at the mo have two bags unopened and due another two 27th dec. :) I checked my dec order but am getting charged lower price. I don't really know how it works!!

I got charges £20.40 for my November order, for my dec order I am being charged £23.70. I really hope it doesn't get anymore expensive, I really can't afford a hike in the food bill and will have to look at changing after over a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I got charges £20.40 for my November order, for my dec order I am being charged £23.70. I really hope it doesn't get anymore expensive, I really can't afford a hike in the food bill and will have to look at changing after over a year!

I paid £18.36 for oct and nov order. Now I only had subscribed to two things so didn't get 15% discount. Dec order getting charged £22.44 and that's with 15% discount. I think the way it works is it automatically buys 1 month in advance so you buy at that price? Hopefully it will go back down in price before next order! In fairness though it is still cheaper than even supermarket brands. I think a lot of dog food has gone up in price :(

I paid £18.36 for oct and nov order. Now I only had subscribed to two things so didn't get 15% discount. Dec order getting charged £22.44 and that's with 15% discount. I think the way it works is it automatically buys 1 month in advance so you buy at that price? Hopefully it will go back down in price before next order! In fairness though it is still cheaper than even supermarket brands. I think a lot of dog food has gone up in price :(

It is very cheap to be fair considering the quality but I just can't afford a serious price hike, if it doesn't drop I might have to switch to one of the lesser quality bags of skinners which I really don't want to do.

It is very cheap to be fair considering the quality but I just can't afford a serious price hike, if it doesn't drop I might have to switch to one of the lesser quality bags of skinners which I really don't want to do.

I know what your saying. The only thing I will say is once we ran out of food and were waiting for our delivery and my OH bought a small bag of bakers in the shop. Two of the dogs were grand but one of them starting needing to pee constantly and her pee was green!! I ended up taking her to the vet and vet tested pee and said there was something wrong with protein levels in pee!! As soon as her burns arrived she was back to normal! She has not had any problems on the skinners so far! Also they pooed loads on the bakers and it was only for a few days!! Now if I ever run out of food I just cook them something like mince, veg and pasta it is probably just as cheap as skinners (if you go to aldi/lidl) but just a pain to have to prepare!!
    You could try something like champion active. I am sure he would give you a deal if you were buying two bags
    http://www.dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/cats/champion-/[url][/url]

I know what your saying. The only thing I will say is once we ran out of food and were waiting for our delivery and my OH bought a small bag of bakers in the shop. Two of the dogs were grand but one of them starting needing to pee constantly and her pee was green!! I ended up taking her to the vet and vet tested pee and said there was something wrong with protein levels in pee!! As soon as her burns arrived she was back to normal! She has not had any problems on the skinners so far! Also they pooed loads on the bakers and it was only for a few days!! Now if I ever run out of food I just cook them something like mince, veg and pasta it is probably just as cheap as skinners (if you go to aldi/lidl) but just a pain to have to prepare!!
    You could try something like champion active. I am sure he would give you a deal if you were buying two bags
    http://www.dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/cats/champion-/[url][/url]

Well definitely won't be going to Bakers or its ilk anyway, apart from it costing me an arm and a leg, I don't even want to imagine how many mgs I would have to give him to keep him going, I couldnt give him that crap, it is such poor quality. Will stick the the Skinners until after Xmas anyway and see how we go with pricing, it really was the best of both worlds, so reasonably price and decent quality too.

• Advertisement

Well definitely won't be going to Bakers or its ilk anyway, apart from it costing me an arm and a leg, I don't even want to imagine how many mgs I would have to give him to keep him going, I couldnt give him that crap, it is such poor quality. Will stick the the Skinners until after Xmas anyway and see how we go with pricing, it really was the best of both worlds, so reasonably price and decent quality too.

I agree great price for quality. With a bit of luck it might go down. If you find it cheaper elsewhere in the future please share :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe mail amazon and ask them why it's gone up? They sent me a 'goodwill refund' off their own bat on something I ordered last week because 'they believe they could have offered a better price'!

tk123 wrote: »
    Maybe mail amazon and ask them why it's gone up? They sent me a 'goodwill refund' off their own bat on something I ordered last week because 'they believe they could have offered a better price'!

Think I might actually do that, big fan of amazon, I have spent literally thousands on there over the last few years, dog food and cat food alone and I am spending hundreds. They have the best customer service so I'll send them off a mail and see what they say.

Salmon and rice flavour is now cheaper than the duck one so I have switched! I have 5 subscriptions so get 15% off. Still coming in at £25.33 I have put in an order for a 6kg bag of burns alert chicken and rice (it is basically just normal burns but vat free £15.81 as it is aimed at assistance dogs) as one of the dogs skin is acting up (I think it could be the beet pulp in skinners) the other two are doing great on skinners. The normal burns 15kg is working out cheaper per kg than the 6kg but I don't want a big bag as the 6kg will last ages and 15kg will go stale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Bumping this as was able to order 15kg of Skinners duck and rice 15kg earlier thus week. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon UK. Shipped yesterday. Free super saver delivery. Non subscription but had option to subscribe again. GBP 23.99

• Advertisement
Advertisement