Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 security code not sending to my phone

Options
  • 06-09-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

Currently in the UK, need to access e-statements today, not in a week's time, so can't wait for this postal nonsense. Tried twice, but not getting anywhere with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

token101 wrote: »
    Currently in the UK, need to access e-statements today, not in a week's time, so can't wait for this postal nonsense. Tried twice, but not getting anywhere with it.
    Hi token101,

Thanks for contacting us.

Customers can only avail of eStatements if their mobile phone is registered and activated to receive activation codes by text message.  If your mobile isn't registered for this service you will have to wait for a seven digit activation code to go out to you in the post.  Once you receive this code and activate your mobile, you can then apply for eStatements.

I know this will not suit you as you stated you need the eStatement today, unfortunately this is the only way to register for them.

Regards

Seán   

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

token101 wrote: »
    Hi token101,

Thanks for contacting us.

Customers can only avail of eStatements if their mobile phone is registered and activated to receive activation codes by text message.  If your mobile isn't registered for this service you will have to wait for a seven digit activation code to go out to you in the post.  Once you receive this code and activate your mobile, you can then apply for eStatements.

I know this will not suit you as you stated you need the eStatement today, unfortunately this is the only way to register for them.

Regards

Seán   
    My mobile is registered, I've gotten a code for adding a payee before. 

Hi,

If your mobile phone is registered and activated you should have no issues signing up to eStatements.  Make sure the correct mobile phone is registered.  You can check your mobile phone details by doing the following:
    • Select 'Manage Accounts'.
    • Select 'Amend my Mobile Phone or Email details'.
    • Select 'Mobile Phone and Email address' from the drop down list.
    [*]

This will bring up the details of the mobile you have registered, it will give you the last four digits of the number and will say if it is active or not. 

You can reapply for the code by entering in an incorrect seven digit number in three times.  This will automatically send the code to your phone again.

I hope this helps.

Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Hi,

If your mobile phone is registered and activated you should have no issues signing up to eStatements.  Make sure the correct mobile phone is registered.  You can check your mobile phone details by doing the following:
    • Select 'Manage Accounts'.
    • Select 'Amend my Mobile Phone or Email details'.
    • Select 'Mobile Phone and Email address' from the drop down list.

[*]

This will bring up the details of the mobile you have registered, it will give you the last four digits of the number and will say if it is active or not. 

You can reapply for the code by entering in an incorrect seven digit number in three times.  This will automatically send the code to your phone again.

I hope this helps.

Seán 
    [*]
    Thanks for your help, that worked eventually. 

That needs to made clear in the messaging though. The way it's worded sounds as though a code has been sent straight away, it doesn't exactly make clear that it's the same code that's been sent to you over a year ago or whenever you first signed up. It also doesn't mention that you can get the code re-sent by entering it incorrectly; it makes it sound as though you'll have to wait for a new code in the post, which entirely defeats the purpose of doing anything online. Really bad system. 

Hi token101,

Delighted to hear it worked.  The FAQ's section from the 365 website explains how you can do this in future.  You may also find answers to other queries you may have in the future.

Apologies the website didn't make this clear, we'll pass you comments on to our web development team. 

Thanks

Seán

• Advertisement
Advertisement