Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fars..

Options
  • 06-09-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

I moved to a new place, and the acc. ownership transfer went smoothly over the phone. I even was asked if i wanted to upgrade my package, and i wanted to do that, since the line supports 15 mb/s.The agents told me that it is now done, and i should restart the modem. Didnt do that until today, and the speeds are still the same, around 3.5 mb/s

Chatted w CS who told me that they indeed can raise the speed, but only after when i have received the acc. nr by post. When i was asked to callback for a manager, that was declined, since i dont have acc. nr yet..really?

1) The agent who did take care of the ownership transfer didnt do what she promised
    2) Managers only speak with customers who has acc. nr? Well,i have one, but hasnt received it yet. Phoneline and BB are active.

Really good impression ab. Eircom.. already regretting going back to them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

finnteme wrote: »
    I moved to a new place, and the acc. ownership transfer went smoothly over the phone. I even was asked if i wanted to upgrade my package, and i wanted to do that, since the line supports 15 mb/s.The agents told me that it is now done, and i should restart the modem. Didnt do that until today, and the speeds are still the same, around 3.5 mb/s

Chatted w CS who told me that they indeed can raise the speed, but only after when i have received the acc. nr by post. When i was asked to callback for a manager, that was declined, since i dont have acc. nr yet..really?

1) The agent who did take care of the ownership transfer didnt do what she promised
    2) Managers only speak with customers who has acc. nr? Well,i have one, but hasnt received it yet. Phoneline and BB are active.

Hi finnteme,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your telephone number/order number and I'll look into this for you?
    Can you also confirm your mobile number and full name please.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Hi finnteme,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your telephone number/order number and I'll look into this for you?
    Can you also confirm your mobile number and full name please.

Thanks

Tracey
    PM Sent

Hi, the acc. nr just came via post, and they told me that the upgrade is on its way.

I also registered for My Eircom, and got a shock when i saw this

Outstanding balance is:
    €118.09

What the heck is this? There is not even a bill can view?
    Or is this the prev.owners outstanding balance? Can i get some clarification for this pls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi, the acc. nr just came via post, and they told me that the upgrade is on its way.

Outstanding balance is:
    €118.09

Or is this the prev.owners outstanding balance? Can i get some clarification for this pls?

Yes no problem, I'll look into this and come back to you via PM.

Thanks

Tracey

Outstanding balance is:
    €118.09

Thanks

Tracey
    I think this is beyond all imagination now.. 
    When calling in/chatting, nobody seems to do what they promise..

Have now recorded the sales call to upgrade propably 2-3 times, and everytime when the order shows completed, the speeds are the same (well, someone managed to raise the speed up to 8 mb/s, thats a + ). I was told that the line can support 15 mb/s,
    Just now chatted with CS, who told me there is small fault in the line, and call tech. support. (what a good way to get ridoff from difficult case..)
    Calling now there, there is no fault, instead i was asked to call to sales line to make an agreement of upgrade and new price pffffff.....
    Didnt accept that again, and have been in hold like 20 mins now. Propably the line gets disconnected soon by human error on the Eircom side..

Im speechless of the level of cs provided for me at this point.

EDIT: Just come back from the phone, the tech. agent seemed to be able to fix this for me, sales had ordered 2 x the wrong product!! :mad: :mad:
    Now i have to wait around 24 hrs again...

And the billing issue, the prev. acc. holder have been trying to fix this with you guys, since he has paid all the bills and even showed me evidence of it.. lets hope this get sorted soon..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Outstanding balance is:
    €118.09

Thanks

Tracey

Have now recorded the sales call to upgrade propably 2-3 times, and everytime when the order shows completed, the speeds are the same (well, someone managed to raise the speed up to 8 mb/s, thats a + ). I was told that the line can support 15 mb/s,
    Just now chatted with CS, who told me there is small fault in the line, and call tech. support. (what a good way to get ridoff from difficult case..)
    Calling now there, there is no fault, instead i was asked to call to sales line to make an agreement of upgrade and new price pffffff.....
    Didnt accept that again, and have been in hold like 20 mins now. Propably the line gets disconnected soon by human error on the Eircom side..

EDIT: Just come back from the phone, the tech. agent seemed to be able to fix this for me, sales had ordered 2 x the wrong product!! :mad: :mad:

And the billing issue, the prev. acc. holder have been trying to fix this with you guys, since he has paid all the bills and even showed me evidence of it.. lets hope this get sorted soon..

I'm sorry to hear of this finnteme

If this issue is not resolved by Monday please let us know and I will look into this further

Thanks

Al

Outstanding balance is:
    €118.09

Thanks

Tracey

EDIT: Just come back from the phone, the tech. agent seemed to be able to fix this for me, sales had ordered 2 x the wrong product!!  :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry to hear of this finnteme

If this issue is not resolved by Monday please let us know and I will look into this further

Thanks

Al
    FFS... just called to tech. support, since the speed didnt get better.. yes, you are still at the  8mb/s service, you need to call sales

im getting so angry 

Tech. support transferred me to sales again, where someone promised to upgrade me again for free, and offered some discount for the inconvienence caused..

Oh, and i need to wait 24 hrs again..

Lets see whats happen tomorrow then...

Surprise, speeds are still the same (did modem reset aswell)

There goes the sales person (i think she was the 3rd one) promise, that i will enjoy much better speeds at sunday morning.. (she even guaranteeded me that now this is sorted etc..) :mad: Called this morning, and was asked to call again monday to sales.. wtf... :mad:

Can Eircom reps. look at this asap, otherwise i will leave my notice, and go with someone else.

And no, im not going to talk with sales again, that would be 4th time. And no, i wont be speaking with technical support again, that would be also 4-5 th time.

And no, i wont use your chat again, they seem to have hurry to get ridoff the customers, specially the customer service person named Natalie. :mad:

I assume that since it is now day 12 when i signed up/transfer the account it is now too late to change ISP's without paying the 12 mths contract to Eircom?

I assume that since it is now day 12 when i signed up/transfer the account it is now too late to change ISP's without paying the 12 mths contract to Eircom?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi finnteme

I have spent a while looking into your account this morning. Apologies for the apparent lack of information supplied by the areas you were speaking to.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I would like to make something clear which I'm not too sure you are aware of:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Once this work is done you will notice faster downloads speeds however It must be noted that your line is physically incapable of holding faster than up to 15mb (this is why the 24mb plan is advertised, sold and provided on the terms of "up to" 24mb).[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Port work (at the exchange) is required by a technician to fully complete the order and increase the speeds to ADSL+ (up 24mb).[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]This has been requested and a technician is due to visit your exchange to conduct the port work within the next few days (completion forecast no later than the 20th of September).[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Once the port work has been completed by the technician you will notice the increase in speed however It's important highlight that the maximum download speed your line can hold is up to 15mb and this is why the 24mb service is advertised, sold and provided as "up to" 24mb.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme

I have spent a while looking into your account this morning. Apologies for the apparent lack of information supplied by the areas you were speaking to.

I would like to make something clear which I'm not too sure you are aware of:
    Once this work is done you will notice faster downloads speeds however It must be noted that your line is physically incapable of holding faster than up to 15mb (this is why the 24mb plan is advertised, sold and provided on the terms of "up to" 24mb).
    Port work (at the exchange) is required by a technician to fully complete the order and increase the speeds to ADSL+ (up 24mb).

This has been requested and a technician is due to visit your exchange to conduct the port work within the next few days (completion forecast no later than the 20th of September).

Once the port work has been completed by the technician you will notice the increase in speed however It's important highlight that the maximum download speed your line can hold is up to 15mb and this is why the 24mb service is advertised, sold and provided as "up to" 24mb.

Thanks

Al
    Finally some clarification.

This info was never provided to me at any stage, not by the sales, not by the technical support etc.
    The sales misinformed me every time, that i will enjoy the faster speeds within 24 hrs, every 3 times i was transferred to them.
    The same with the chat. This went over an week causing the frustration.

I was informed that my line supports around 15mb/s and thats the speed im expecting to get, i know the definition of up to 24 mb/s etc etc.

Now im just waiting to the billing thing getting sorted, i can still see 118 eur outstanding balance in my Eircom from prev. tenant, who has showed me evidence that it is paid etc etc. Have emailed the billing last week, not heard nothing back yet, and the prev. acc. holder has also tried to talk with Eircom.

The last thing i want is to this money taken from my account, if it is taken, i will use the direct debit reversal scheme for this.

But thanks for the clarification, please pass on the feedback to your sales and technical team, and pls check that the 10 eur discount promised by your sales agent on saturday is applied to my account.

Cheers

Hi finnteme

I have spent a while looking into your account this morning. Apologies for the apparent lack of information supplied by the areas you were speaking to.

Once this work is done you will notice faster downloads speeds however It must be noted that your line is physically incapable of holding faster than up to 15mb (this is why the 24mb plan is advertised, sold and provided on the terms of "up to" 24mb).
    Port work (at the exchange) is required by a technician to fully complete the order and increase the speeds to ADSL+ (up 24mb).

This has been requested and a technician is due to visit your exchange to conduct the port work within the next few days (completion forecast no later than the 20th of September).

Once the port work has been completed by the technician you will notice the increase in speed however It's important highlight that the maximum download speed your line can hold is up to 15mb and this is why the 24mb service is advertised, sold and provided as "up to" 24mb.

Thanks

Al

This info was never provided to me at any stage, not by the sales, not by the technical support etc.
    The sales misinformed me every time, that i will enjoy the faster speeds within 24 hrs, every 3 times i was transferred to them.

I was informed that my line supports around 15mb/s and thats the speed im expecting to get, i know the definition of up to 24 mb/s etc etc.

Now im just waiting to the billing thing getting sorted, i can still see 118 eur outstanding balance in my Eircom from prev. tenant, who has showed me evidence that it is paid etc etc. Have emailed the billing last week, not heard nothing back yet, and the prev. acc. holder has also tried to talk with Eircom.

The last thing i want is to this money taken from my account, if it is taken, i will use the direct debit reversal scheme for this.

But thanks for the clarification, please pass on the feedback to your sales and technical team, and pls check that the 10 eur discount promised by your sales agent on saturday is applied to my account.

Cheers
    Hi finnteme

I can confirm that the €118.09 was deffinately not paid by the previous tennant and on the 13/9 this payment was taken by direct debit.

I'm not sure what evidance they provided you with but it was certainly not acurate however this is an arangement you have made with the previous tennant and we are unable to offer you a resolution to this payment issue.

Thanks

Al

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al

Cheers
    Hi finnteme

I can confirm that the €118.09 was deffinately not paid by the previous tennant and on the 13/9 this payment was taken by direct debit.

I'm not sure what evidance they provided you with but it was certainly not acurate however this is an arangement you have made with the previous tennant and we are unable to offer you a resolution to this payment issue.

Thanks

Al
    FFS.. so i have been misleaded by sales (i was told that i will enter independent 12 mth contract) and by the prev. tenant.

And now it seems that i have been disconnected aswell. Red light in the modem, reboot didnt help.

I will cancel my package now, and this aftermatch is being played via comreg and small claims court.

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al

Cheers
    Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al
    FFS.. so i have been misleaded by sales (i was told that i will enter independent 12 mth contract) and by the prev. tenant.

And now it seems that i have been disconnected aswell. Red light in the modem, reboot didnt help.

I will cancel my package now, and this aftermatch is being played via comreg and small claims court.
    Hi finnteme

I'm doing all I can to help.

If you wish to cancel your service contact cancellations on 1901 (option 4 and then 3).

Your service is not cut off either. If you require technical support please contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260.

Al

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al

Cheers
    Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al

Hi finnteme

If you wish to cancel your service contact cancellations on 1901 (option 4 and then 3).

Your service is not cut off either. If you require technical support please contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260.

Al
    cant make outgoing calls, modem does not connect to the internet.. seem cutoff for me..

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al

Cheers
    Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al

Hi finnteme

Al
    cant make outgoing calls, modem does not connect to the internet.. seem cutoff for me..
    It's not cut off finnteme

Al

Just on the phone to the tech. department, and they told me that my account isnt activated fully and will be tomorrow..
    Alan, pls help me out here.. i want to continue with Eircom if possible since its a hassle to change ISP's

But just now i cant access internet and make any calls out.

The tech guy told me something that its because of setting a new independent acc. in my name etc? And i checked my bank statement, nothing have been requested/withdrawn from my acc. so i hope that the balance was paid from the prev. tenants acc.

Just on the phone to the tech. department, and they told me that my account isnt activated fully and will be tomorrow..
    Alan, pls help me out here.. i want to continue with Eircom if possible since its a hassle to change ISP's

Hi Finnteme

Since when did the line and broadband stop working??

Al

Hi Finnteme

Al
    They worked this morning at 7am, when i left to work, came back around 3.30pm, red light was on and couldnt make any outgoing calls. Did the normal troubleshooting step with the agent on the phone, and then he came back that my acc. should be activated tomorrow?

Hi Finnteme

Al
    They worked this morning at 7am, when i left to work, came back around 3.30pm, red light was on and couldnt make any outgoing calls. Did the normal troubleshooting step with the agent on the phone, and then he came back that my acc. should be activated tomorrow?
    Hi finnteme

It could be that the engineers could be upgrading your speeds now but I'm unable to confirm this. If this issue persists past six oclock please contact broadband support (1890260260) for further clarification.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Finnteme

Al
    Hi finnteme

It could be that the engineers could be upgrading your speeds now but I'm unable to confirm this. If this issue persists past six oclock please contact broadband support (1890260260) for further clarification.

Al
    Would that affect the phone service aswell. can receive calls, but not make any...

EDIT: Now i can make outgoing calls again.. something is happening.

Dont know what to do with the acc. issue and bills, since i was told that i will get my own independent account etc. I have sent an email earlier to acc. department, havent received any reply yet.
    Hopefully the internet will come back on aswell soon.

Hi Finnteme

Al
    Hi finnteme

Al
    Would that affect the phone service aswell. can receive calls, but not make any...

EDIT: Now i can make outgoing calls again.. something is happening.

Dont know what to do with the acc. issue and bills, since i was told that i will get my own independent account etc. I have sent an email earlier to acc. department, havent received any reply yet.
    Hopefully the internet will come back on aswell soon.
    Hi finnteme

Has your service got back to normal or is there still issues with the line and broadband?

Thanks

Al

Hi, im at work, it didnt work at the morning, will check when im home around 4pm.

Thanks

Hi, im at work, it didnt work at the morning, will check when im home around 4pm.

Thanks

Thanks finnteme

Let me know later

Al

Still not working, red light.
    Rebooted, resetted.
    Called techincal helpdesk, they cant do anything, since the systems are down :mad:

Please followup asap with this. Im going to a surgery tomorrow, and when im back from the hospital, i excpect that my internet is working.
    Going to be bed patient for a month, so i really need this working, and i do not want my stress levels to be any higher than they are at the moment.

Any news? Writing this at the hospital bed and hopefully my internet works when im back home next week

Any news? Writing this at the hospital bed and hopefully my internet works when im back home next week
    Just checked my bank acc. that the prev. tenants debt was tried to taken off from my acc. Was able to cancel it since it was due to be taken on monday.
    I have placed order for another ISP, shoul had done that in the first place.

I was never told by the customer rep that i would be liable for prev. tenants bills, only that i would start a new invidual 12 mth contract in my own name.

Strange system you have, that new tenants will herit the old tenants debts...

Im leaving the hospital today, and paid the balance in full with my card in fear off that i will be disconnected.

Have heard nothing ab.this either from boards.ie reps or neither haven received any email reply to my query.

Really good CSi must admit..not..

The questions i will have an answer:

1) When i took over the line, i was told that i need to sign a new 12 mths contract in my own name.That was done on the phone.

2) No mention was made, that i would inherit the old tenant's balance. Really convient for him, i cant reach him anymore.

3) When taking over the line, and making a new 12 mth contract, can you please point me the paragraph in your T/C that was mentioned to me during the phone call, that i should pay the prev. tenants balance aswell? Or send me the recording of the call?

4) I was without broadband for several days, red light in my modem. Called tech support,got transferred to Sales to do the contract again 3 times, lots of apologies etc. The last person in sales promised to add an discount of 10 eur per month to my acc. and do the upgrade for free,has this been done as promised.

Thanks

EDIT: And tried to switch the provider, they came back with news, that Eircom is somehow locked the line, so i cant switch either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Was thinking about getting efibre. after reading this, I won't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Was thinking about getting efibre. after reading this, I won't.

Hi finnteme

I have been speaking with Al and looking through the thread and your account.

We received a call to change the name on the account as a non division transfer which means the account (packages and broadband) stay in place with just a change of name on the account on the 04/09/13

The reason customers may request this is rather than close the account / broadband under the name of the previous tenant, then setting up an account under your name and setting up broadband which can take up to 10 working days.

The case with this scenario is that the existing balance is taken over by the new tenant / occupant.

* However this can not be issued unless the agent speaks to both the old and new tenant and they both agree.

The order remarks are very clear that this was done 04/09/13 - 5156085T

"LL NEW 12 MONTHS CONTRACT ECC T&C SPOKE TO BOTH PARTIES"

eircom only issued what was requested and agreed to by both parties, if you have a dispute with the previous tenant regarding the balance, it was made clear it would transfer over to you by eircom. 

The telephone line is testing ok and the package is the "up to 24MB" High unlimited and the speed is testing at

Synced at: 11270kbps
    Provisioned: 2048-15360kbps

Which a little low and is why we ask customers to call technical support if we can not find an issue.

- We have checked all we can from here if you want to take the matter further as an official complaint we can private message you with the number to do that.

However we have checked all we can from here.

Mark

Advertisement