Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fars..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Was thinking about getting efibre. after reading this, I won't.

Hi finnteme

I have been speaking with Al and looking through the thread and your account.

We received a call to change the name on the account as a non division transfer which means the account (packages and broadband) stay in place with just a change of name on the account on the 04/09/13

The reason customers may request this is rather than close the account / broadband under the name of the previous tenant, then setting up an account under your name and setting up broadband which can take up to 10 working days.

The case with this scenario is that the existing balance is taken over by the new tenant / occupant.

* However this can not be issued unless the agent speaks to both the old and new tenant and they both agree.

The order remarks are very clear that this was done 04/09/13 - 5156085T

"LL NEW 12 MONTHS CONTRACT ECC T&C SPOKE TO BOTH PARTIES"

eircom only issued what was requested and agreed to by both parties, if you have a dispute with the previous tenant regarding the balance, it was made clear it would transfer over to you by eircom. 

The telephone line is testing ok and the package is the "up to 24MB" High unlimited and the speed is testing at

Synced at: 11270kbps
    Provisioned: 2048-15360kbps

Which a little low and is why we ask customers to call technical support if we can not find an issue.

- We have checked all we can from here if you want to take the matter further as an official complaint we can private message you with the number to do that.

However we have checked all we can from here.

Mark
    At any point this this wasnt agreed with me/prev. tenant/the call operator that i would be liable for existing debt.
    Only thing agreed at the phone were that the line ownership will be changed in my name and NEW 12 months contract in my name will start.

Please PM the email address and postal address to make the formal complaint, since im not calling anywhere, since the remarks that was made in my account arent simple true, and i dont trust your phone agents a bit anymore. This will go further to COMREG aswell.

And you guys completetly ignored my question second time ab. the discount that was promised to be applied to my account.. strange isnt it?

Thank you.

EDIT: Found the complaints address from the website and submitted official complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

Hi finnteme,

I'm having a similar issue here thankfully I haven't signed up to any contract, I simply want the line released. Thought i would let you know though that I have been in contact with Comreg and they informed me under the new tenancy procedure, I am not responsible for any contract/arrears from the previous owner and I am free to choose any provider I wish.

From my experience over the last few days both the online-chat and phone reps have a habbit of paraphrasing, conning and lying (Not including the reps here as they just haven't replied to my thread today). Considering this and the fact that all calls are logged and recorded, despite you being over the cooling off period of your contract I am pretty sure if you have the records/recordings pulled (they have a log on your account of when you called and who you spoke to) you'll find a loophole out of your contract ie. all terms and conditions MUST be read to you over the phone if this is not the case you should be able to get out.

Anyway, just my two cents! good luck with whatever you decide.....I'm certainly not finished with Comreg & Eircom yet!

Called technical support ab. the speed, was told initially that my line could support 15 mb/s, but after talking to them, im stuck with 11 mb/s, thats the max my line can handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

finnteme wrote: »

Hi finnteme

We received a call to change the name on the account as a non division transfer which means the account (packages and broadband) stay in place with just a change of name on the account on the 04/09/13

The reason customers may request this is rather than close the account / broadband under the name of the previous tenant, then setting up an account under your name and setting up broadband which can take up to 10 working days.

The case with this scenario is that the existing balance is taken over by the new tenant / occupant.

* However this can not be issued unless the agent speaks to both the old and new tenant and they both agree.

eircom only issued what was requested and agreed to by both parties, if you have a dispute with the previous tenant regarding the balance, it was made clear it would transfer over to you by eircom. 

The telephone line is testing ok and the package is the "up to 24MB" High unlimited and the speed is testing at

Which a little low and is why we ask customers to call technical support if we can not find an issue.

- We have checked all we can from here if you want to take the matter further as an official complaint we can private message you with the number to do that.

Mark
    At any point this this wasnt agreed with me/prev. tenant/the call operator that i would be liable for existing debt.
    Only thing agreed at the phone were that the line ownership will be changed in my name and NEW 12 months contract in my name will start.

Please PM the email address and postal address to make the formal complaint, since im not calling anywhere, since the remarks that was made in my account arent simple true, and i dont trust your phone agents a bit anymore. This will go further to COMREG aswell.

And you guys completetly ignored my question second time ab. the discount that was promised to be applied to my account.. strange isnt it?

Thank you.

EDIT: Found the complaints address from the website and submitted official complaint.
    Hi finnteme

I will send on the complaint information via private message.

In relation to the discount, as far as I can determine it has been applied. However no bill has been sent since the name was changed. So I am unsure as to why you think it was not applied?

Mark

Hi finnteme

Mark

Thank you.

Hi finnteme

In relation to the discount, as far as I can determine it has been applied. However no bill has been sent since the name was changed. So I am unsure as to why you think it was not applied?

Mark
    Simple for that reason that i needed to call 3 times to get the contract done, nothing was noted by the sales agents, tech. reps etc etc.. Simple case of mistrust in this case to Eircom customer service.

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme

Mark

Thank you.

Hi finnteme

Mark
    Simple for that reason that i needed to call 3 times to get the contract done, nothing was noted by the sales agents, tech. reps etc etc.. Simple case of mistrust in this case to Eircom customer service.
    Hi finnteme

We investigated your issue from your post / point of view. I got back with all the information we could find regarding the transfer and name change.

So we had to advise of the findings, that is not to say that is categorically what happened, Which is why we have the official complaint procedure to escalate the issue further (listen to the call) and make a final decision.

We were not trying dismiss or delay you. We tried to confirm what you outlined. However we were unable to do so.

Thanks, Mark  

More than 3 days of my official complaint and i havent even received acknowledgement email of the complaint...
    7 days before i forward the matter in the comreg.

Reps:

I received today no more than 4 letter confirming my services, all were the same:

BB ADVANC LOW 30G ONLINE SI 20.65 EXC VAT
    RESIDENCE LINE 20.96 EXC VAT
    UPGRADE TO BB ADVANCED HIGH 24.79 EXC VAT

CONTRACT DURATION 12 

Hopefully this does not mean that my monthly fee will be 20.65+20.96+24.79 + vat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

More than 3 days of my official complaint and i havent even received acknowledgement email of the complaint...
    7 days before i forward the matter in the comreg.

Reps:

I received today no more than 4 letter confirming my services, all were the same:

BB ADVANC LOW 30G ONLINE SI 20.65 EXC VAT
    RESIDENCE LINE 20.96 EXC VAT
    UPGRADE TO BB ADVANCED HIGH 24.79 EXC VAT

CONTRACT DURATION 12 

Hopefully this does not mean that my monthly fee will be 20.65+20.96+24.79 + vat....
    Hi finnteme

The letter you received is a generic  letter advising on costs and does not recognise the package in place.

Thanks

Al

Thank you, i assume that you meant to write the letters that arrived (4 of them)

:p

And just to let you know, i really appreciate the help and investigations that reps here have been done here at boards.ie, and i understand that you can only work with the information that is provided and available to you in your systems.

It is just frustrating to repeat same things over and over again to your phone/web agents, and still things are not done as promised.

And in last 3 days my wireless has starting acting up, and have been calling and emailing tech. support to get a new modem, the problem is clearly a faulty modem. Buts that a different story..

Im still waiting my official complaint to be acknowledged, it has now gone almost a week when i sent it in.

On monday, i dont have any other choice that go to the comreg with this issue.

Hopefully someone in executive level is reading these customer service horror stories, and feeds back the information to supervisors, agents etc so that same mistakes wont happen again.

Thank you, i assume that you meant to write the letters that arrived (4 of them)

And just to let you know, i really appreciate the help and investigations that reps here have been done here at boards.ie, and i understand that you can only work with the information that is provided and available to you in your systems.

It is just frustrating to repeat same things over and over again to your phone/web agents, and still things are not done as promised.

And in last 3 days my wireless has starting acting up, and have been calling and emailing tech. support to get a new modem, the problem is clearly a faulty modem. Buts that a different story..

Im still waiting my official complaint to be acknowledged, it has now gone almost a week when i sent it in.

Hopefully someone in executive level is reading these customer service horror stories, and feeds back the information to supervisors, agents etc so that same mistakes wont happen again.
    Hi finnteme

There should be an automatic confirmation of receipt once the e-mail is sent to the complaints team. There is a lead time of 10 working days for an official complaint to be investigated.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme

There should be an automatic confirmation of receipt once the e-mail is sent to the complaints team. There is a lead time of 10 working days for an official complaint to be investigated.

Thanks, Mark
    Nope, havent received any email. Sent the complaint around this time last tuesday using the web page form provided. The screen after submitting told me that an email should be arriving soon with the acknoledgement. I have been checked my spam filter aswell.

Hi finnteme

Thanks, Mark
    Nope, havent received any email. Sent the complaint around this time last tuesday using the web page form provided. The screen after submitting told me that an email should be arriving soon with the acknoledgement. I have been checked my spam filter aswell.
    Hi finnteme

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Mark

Hi finnteme

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Mark

Thx, in the meantime, saga continues..

My internet died 1.5hr ago.. red light..

Called to techical helpdesk.. waited aprox 15 min.. after confirming my details, got disconnected..
    Called again, waited 20 mins.. after confirming my details and explained the problem, the agent told me that my broadband is porting and just hangup the phone...
    Called again, waited 20 mins... the lady on the phone confirmed that there is an outage at the area.. hopefully this is true,,

Is the Eircom technical helpdesk nr free when calling from mobiles? I spent nearly 2 hours today, and i think atleast 2 hrs more within couple of weeks?

EDIT:Internet working now again

Answer received today, and official complaint to Comreg is now done.
    The level of the answer was the same i have received earlier aswell, no calls were listened etc.

Answer received today, and official complaint to Comreg is now done.
    The level of the answer was the same i have received earlier aswell, no calls were listened etc.
    Hi finnteme

Thanks for updating the thread. I apologise you did not get the resolution you were looking for. I fully understand why you wish to escalate the issue to the regulator.

Thanks, Mark

New problem has arised with My Eircom..

I can see that there is a new amount outstanding, and i suspect that this is a new bill, but the problem is that when im going to check the latest bill, it is showing me the latest bill from may 2013 and with name of the prev. tenant.

And isnt it somekind of breach for data protection directives, it seems that i have access to all of his prev. bills?

Can this be fixed, im not paying a another bill, if i cant see what i have been billed for.

Thanks.

I can see that there is a new amount outstanding, and i suspect that this is a new bill, but the problem is that when im going to check the latest bill, it is showing me the latest bill from may 2013 and with name of the prev. tenant.

And isnt it somekind of breach for data protection directives, it seems that i have access to all of his prev. bills?

Can this be fixed, im not paying a another bill, if i cant see what i have been billed for.

Thanks.
    Hi finnteme

As you have escalated the issue through the regulator. I only want to explain why the details would be visible in this case.

As I advised our records show as the transfer of the account was issues as a non division (meaning that the new customers changes the existing account  into their name and accepts the existing services and charges) Rather than close the account and set up a new account (which can take a  few weeks)

Again our accounts team remarks state that this was agree by both parties. The information would be visible to you as you are no the name on the account and the account holder.

** Please note I appreciate that you have escalated the case to the regulator, I am going over the issue again to state what you said on the thread is incorrect. A final decision will be made through your complaint.

I just wanted to say in the circumstance the previous and existing charges will be visible to you as the new name account holder.

Mark

Thanks.
    Hi finnteme

As you have escalated the issue through the regulator. I only want to explain why the details would be visible in this case.

As I advised our records show as the transfer of the account was issues as a non division (meaning that the new customers changes the existing account into their name and accepts the existing services and charges) Rather than close the account and set up a new account (which can take a few weeks)

Again our accounts team remarks state that this was agree by both parties. The information would be visible to you as you are no the name on the account and the account holder.

** Please note I appreciate that you have escalated the case to the regulator, I am going over the issue again to state what you said on the thread is incorrect. A final decision will be made through your complaint.

I just wanted to say in the circumstance the previous and existing charges will be visible to you as the new name account holder.

Mark
    I am more concerned at this point, why i cant see the current bill itemisation, only the outstanding amount, 60 odd euros. You didnt mentioned reason for this at all. And this was the main point of my latest post?

Let the Comreg and Eircom complaint dep. handle the rest of the issues.
    Again our accounts team remarks state that this was agree by both parties.
    This is the statement that needs to be investigated by the comreg and Eircom by listening the calls that i was told the t/c for this. But as mentioned, that is now at Comreg to be investigated.

Thanks.
    Hi finnteme

As I advised our records show as the transfer of the account was issues as a non division (meaning that the new customers changes the existing account  into their name and accepts the existing services and charges) Rather than close the account and set up a new account (which can take a  few weeks)

Mark
    I am more concerned at this point, why i cant see the current bill itemisation, only the outstanding amount, 60 odd euros. You didnt mentioned reason for this at all. And this was the main point of my latest post?

This is the statement that needs to be investigated by the comreg and Eircom by listening the calls that i was told the t/c for this. But as mentioned, that is now at Comreg to be investigated.
    Hi finnteme

We are unable to offer you progress of you complaint with comreg or eircoms complaints team from here. If you require an update from these areas you will need to contact these areas.

Thanks

Al

Thanks.
    Hi finnteme

As I advised our records show as the transfer of the account was issues as a non division (meaning that the new customers changes the existing account  into their name and accepts the existing services and charges) Rather than close the account and set up a new account (which can take a  few weeks)

Mark

Hi finnteme

We are unable to offer you progress of you complaint with comreg or eircoms complaints team from here. If you require an update from these areas you will need to contact these areas.

Thanks

Al
    Clearly you didnt read my post.
    I just want to see my current bill itemisation.. Has nothing to do with my complaint as it is a new issue.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Hi finnteme

Mark

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al
    I just want to see my current bill itemisation.. Has nothing to do with my complaint as it is a new issue.
    Hi finnteme

If you would like to DM me your email address and account number (my records system is down at present) I'll see if I can email you an itemisation of your current bill.

Al

Thanks.
    Hi finnteme

Mark

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al
    Hi finnteme

If you would like to DM me your email address and account number (my records system is down at present) I'll see if I can email you an itemisation of your current bill.

Al
    Pm sent

Hi finnteme

I have sent you an itemisation of your bill and I have also sent you a standard no itemised version of your bill.

Thanks

Al

Hi finnteme

I have sent you an itemisation of your bill and I have also sent you a standard no itemised version of your bill.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks. received, and everything seems to be as it should be.

Any idea why the bill is not visible to me at MyEircom? As i told before im only able to see the total amount open.

Thanks

Hi finnteme

Thanks

Al
    Thanks. received, and everything seems to be as it should be.

Any idea why the bill is not visible to me at MyEircom? As i told before im only able to see the total amount open.

Thanks
    No worries finnteme

I've asked operations about this and they have advised that in some cases it can take up to 10 days from when the bill was issued to be able to see the bill through my eircom.

I understand the inconvenience this causes and I apologise for this.

Al

UPDATE: I have able to reach the old tenant and he has paid me the money owed.
    So i have withdrawn my case from Comreg.

I still think that Eircom should mention, that you are not getting a new contract, and offer the new customer in these situation to send in the rental agreement etc to release the line, and/or setup a new account for the customer.

This option was never told to me, and i was gladly forced to pay the prev. tenant's debts without telling me. But this is now paid back to me, so this case is closed

I also think, that it is very questionable that those remarks are in the file, where i have been offered the terms and conditions, and i will continue this discussion with the complaint team.

Also i think some compensation is needed for the 2 internet downtimes,. and several hours phone calls to sales and support that i had to make from my own mobile.

Thanks for the boards.ie reps for the assistance sofar.

UPDATE: I have able to reach the old tenant and he has paid me the money owed.
    So i have withdrawn my case from Comreg.

I still think that Eircom should mention, that you are not getting a new contract, and offer the new customer in these situation to send in the rental agreement etc to release the line, and/or setup a new account for the customer.

This option was never told to me, and i was gladly forced to pay the prev. tenant's debts without telling me. But this is now paid back to me, so this case is closed

I also think, that it is very questionable that those remarks are in the file, where i have been offered the terms and conditions, and i will continue this discussion with the complaint team.

Also i think some compensation is needed for the 2 internet downtimes,. and several hours phone calls to sales and support that i had to make from my own mobile.

Thanks for the boards.ie reps for the assistance sofar.
    Hi finnteme

I'm happy to hear that you have been paid the money you were owed by the previous tennant.

I would still like to take the oppertunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and equally I would like to assure you that I would be happy to help should you require any assistance in the future.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement