Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec

Options
  • 06-09-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I have Astec 49DV alarm which phones out if alarm activates. I am switching phone servcice s I need to disable the option of phoning out if alarm activates. What do I need to do to stop this happening from the control panel.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do You have engineer access?
    If so just put it into engineer , press clear & enter the engineer code. *Default is 1174)
    Enter 98 for dialler
    enter 10 & delete the number press clear clear set.
    do the same for any other numbers programmed into 12 14 16 18
    When done press clear 99 clear 99
    Why not just connect your alarm to your new provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ryange wrote: »
    I have Astec 49DV alarm which phones out if alarm activates. I am switching phone servcice s I need to disable the option of phoning out if alarm activates. What do I need to do to stop this happening from the control panel.

You can also do this from the user menu.
    Press Clear Fn 8, user code. Phone 1-4. Press set bypass set.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi does any now how or if you can add wireless sensors to a Astec 63dv alarm system. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need A 3rd party quick bridge receiver like Visonic or Aritech.

Thanks koolkid, could you tell me what connections on the Astec system do I take me 12v supply for the aritech bridge. Thanks

• Advertisement

The right hand side of the bell is + and the right side of any zone is - .

That great thanks for the reply, do the bridge receivers work well with the Astec system, as the Astec equipment sends back different resistance to the control panel. Will the new receiver do the same(ie tamper condition etc) Thanks

eddie_ wrote: »
    That great thanks for the reply, do the bridge receivers work well with the Astec system, as the Astec equipment sends back different resistance to the control panel. Will the new receiver do the same(ie tamper condition etc) Thanks

It will. You will need to wire the 1.5k resistor in series with the tamper and wire 680ohm resistor across the zone. All devices will show as a contact on the Astec panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I wouldn't spend the money on adding wireless to an Astec system as they are now obsolete and you could be replacing the entire system in the near future.

A quick bridge receiver is around the same price as a HKC Securewave panel and keypad which comes with wireless on board.

It will cost you a more initially buy you'll have a new modern alarm system.

Thanks for all the advice, I suppose it's decision time now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice, I suppose it's decision time now.

Good advice from Fred there, however a lot would depend on how many devices are on your existing Astec system. If you do upgrade the panel you will need to replace all your existing Astec sensors and devices.

There is only 7 interia reeds extra to the 3 wireless, so I am better of upgrading the system. Many thanks

Definitely the way to go so...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MATTHEW18

hi has anyone got a engineering manual for the astec alarm i am trying to replace it and need the manual thanks

MATTHEW18 wrote: »
    hi has anyone got a engineering manual for the astec alarm i am trying to replace it and need the manual thanks

Sent you that by P.M.

What are you trying to Replace?

He wanted to take out the system.

Just wondering what he's going to replace with. Not too much info needed to take something out. :)

Fairly straightforward alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 simwalsh

Hi all, does anyone have the installation manual for the astec 63d?

thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

PMed you that.

simwalsh wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone have the installation manual for the astec 63d?

thanks in advance!

Sent you that by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 simwalsh

wow, that was quick!
    thanks to both of you.

simwalsh wrote: »
    wow, that was quick!
    thanks to both of you.

No probs, any questions let us know :)

Advertisement