Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Final Sunday - Venues

Options
  • 06-09-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Unfortunately i am one of many Rebels that can't get a ticket for the GAA Hurling final this weekend, so i'm going to have to resort to going into a bar/pub where there is some atmosphere....

Any ideas of the best spots in town or Douglas to go view the match on the big screen and perhaps seating would be ideal aswel but not essential.

Thanks y'all :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Almost everywhere will be jammers Sunday to be fair.

I would say the Woolshed would be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

In Douglas the East Village is good for matches. In town your usuals of Reardens, Soho etc will be jumping.

Slightly different question - anyone know of anywhere family friendly (i.e. want to bring my 5 y old) but with some atmosphere to watch the match? In Ennis they are putting up a big screen in the town - shudder the thought that we might be so organised.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

In Douglas the East Village is good for matches. In town your usuals of Reardens, Soho etc will be jumping.

Slightly different question - anyone know of anywhere family friendly (i.e. want to bring my 5 y old) but with some atmosphere to watch the match? In Ennis they are putting up a big screen in the town - shudder the thought that we might be so organised.....

The cinema?

Reel Pictures in Ballincollig and Blackpool and Mahon Ominplex all showing it for free but you have to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I'm a Rebel abroad this year, so will be cheering on the lads in O'Neills in Newcastle upon Tyne. However, in town you can't go far wrong with Reardans and Soho for atmosphere. Had a cracking day - what I can remember :p - in both of those, before, during and after the 2010 football final!! The Wash is also a good spot, as is the Woolshed or maybe Cissie Youngs on Barrack Street. Now I'm feeling a bit homesick, c'mon the Rebels!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chazbyrne

I have 2 hurling tickets for the final tomorrow looking for 300.00 for the pair im from wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dah

Whereabouts are those 2 tickets for, dont know of any ticket at FACE VALUE for €150!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Reardons was pretty good for the 2010 final.

Advertisement