Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone app for interviews

Options
  • 06-09-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all, looking for any recommendations on an app for recording interviews on an iphone as part of my research. There is a way of recording stuff but there is no playback speed options and its difficult to get the files transferred to your computer. Anyone using anything they can vouch for?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I always found the standard voice recording app really handy. If you're doing a lot of interviews though, I'd recommend investing in a small mp3 recorder. That way you won't have to worry as much about battery life or storage space, or losing your phone and losing all your data! They're also very small and unobtrusive, and are excellent at picking up voices even if you're in a busy environment - I did a few interviews in coffee shops, and the voice recorder had no problems when it was on the table between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

I got a great, cheap app (for android) called Hi-q mp3 recorder when I was interviewing a poet last year. You can record for hours, good range and quality, and you can email the file to yourself. Think it was like 3 or 4 yoyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I used an app on my android called Smart Voice Recorder, and I did it for 9 interviews. Sound was perfect and you could adjust the quality - saved as a .WAV file as well so it was compatible with windows media player :)

Advertisement