Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on going back to collage

Options
  • 06-09-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi I wondering if anyone could help. I lost my job this week and I have decided the best thing for me is to educate myself.
    Im not sure what route to take. All I have is my leaving cert and a city and guilds cert from LIT.
    I enquired about the springboard program but its past deadline to apply.

There is direct entry courses available in LIT but nothing that really suits me, the advice i have been given is to apply for one of the direct entry course and transfer to a COE in October. Is this realistic, has anyone any other advice for me.

I'm from limerick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

I'm not sure if there was a specific Springboard course you looked at but if not I can see on the website there are a number of courses that applications deadlines have not yet passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Shine7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there was a specific Springboard course you looked at but if not I can see on the website there are a number of courses that applications deadlines have not yet passed.

Thanks having another look again. Panicked a bit yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

On the springboard courses the deadline might be gone but someone might drop out or not confirm their position. Contact the course coordinator directly. Also there are plenty of part time courses that you don't need cao for.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Were you made redundant?

If you were you might be able to get BTEA straight away

What level is your city and guilds cert?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Inbox wrote: »
    On the springboard courses the deadline might be gone but someone might drop out or not confirm their position. Contact the course coordinator directly. Also there are plenty of part time courses that you don't need cao for.

True, I rang springboard Friday but was told the course was full. Ill ring LIT direct first thing Monday.

• Advertisement

Were you made redundant?

If you were you might be able to get BTEA straight away

What level is your city and guilds cert?

liquidator appointed, very early days have to negotiate with them to see what we'll get.
    My worry is that ill miss out on a course and will have to wait till next September.
    as for the city and guilds, Its a technicians certificate in applied mechanical engineering. Something I did on my own 10 years ago, did the diploma year put failed one exam.

Advertisement