Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homebase Carlow closing down sale

• 06-09-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Another blow to the town due to the damned CEC

25% off most stock incl paint, bedlinen, blinds, household cleaning, art work, ironing boards bins etc etc however from what I can remember....
    50% off batteries, door locks, smoke alarms, nuts n bolts, cabinet handles.
    33% off lightbulbs and loads more at 33% just cant rmemeber them all.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Was there today, my ma spent about €400 on stuff ha. Loads of bargains, pity its closing..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

Is the company going out of business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

moc8827 wrote: »
    Is the company going out of business?
    No (not yet anyway), they're just closing 3 unprofitable branches.

Carlow, Fonthill and Castlebar are closing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

oh right, just saw two recent bargain alerts relating to different stores,

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The Homebase appointed examiner has asked for an extra few months to turn Homebase around and make it a viable company.

The judge granted the extension application yesterday.

But the 3 Homebase branches still have to close....they cant be saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Anybody know what is the actual closing date for the three stores? Might take a trip to one of them and dont want to leave it too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Read on the nationalist that it's closing on 12th October.told my mom on Tuesday and she went Wednesday. She said half the shop has been emptied out by shoppers. My sister in law went today ( Friday ) she said the shop was almost emptied !
    I dunno how they'll last until October if they won't be getting more stocks in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

A guy in Fonthill told me last night that it would be closing mid October

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

wait4me wrote: »
    A guy in Fonthill told me last night that it would be closing mid October

That ties in with the examiner getting an extension during court legal proceedings the other day.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheers op,headed to Carlow today and saved myself a fortune (on stuff I actually needed).

Very busy there today and shelves were clearing fast of certain items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 curious carlovian

Does anybody know how long the closing sale is lasting or when its shutting down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

This Friday is the last day, I went last Sunday and there was nothing left some bits and pieces.

Zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hardwareguy

Well it's closed now, Woodies will be the big winner

Well it's closed now, Woodies will be the big winner

Woodies is totally over priced though. Gonna miss the choice.

Woodies is totally over priced though. Gonna miss the choice.

True but Carlow cant support two diy shops that size, and yes unfortunately Woodies need competition to keep there prices in check, but sure Doyles offer good prices and service as well as other good independent hardware shops around.

True but Carlow cant support two diy shops that size, and yes unfortunately Woodies need competition to keep there prices in check, but sure Doyles offer good prices and service as well as other good independent hardware shops around.

Agreed. I've gotten most of the stuff out of my house from Doyles, their prices are also quite high but there can be bargains to be found during sales and what not. One less shop isn't great for the consumers. Just look at what happened when 4Home closed down... Building left totally unattended and people have less and less places to shop around

Agreed. I've gotten most of the stuff out of my house from Doyles, their prices are also quite high but there can be bargains to be found during sales and what not. One less shop isn't great for the consumers. Just look at what happened when 4Home closed down... Building left totally unattended and people have less and less places to shop around

I totally agree, but if Carlow could not support two big Diy shops, with 4Home was three, and i agree its a terrible waste of building, and looks terrible, but like were Homebase was and Dunnes lots of units were never filled.They might one day have to be knocked down, and lots more around the country!

Advertisement