Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky's unbelieveable offer is well lets say unbelieveable

• 06-09-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭

Got a mailshot this morning from Sky to get Unlimited BB at half price till 2014. When I called here is what I found:
    With VF I pay €49 for 7mb (4 actual) and any time calls (€588 annual)
    With Sky it would have worked out at:
    €50 for BB & evening and weekend calls plus €7.50 for anytime (€57.50 total)
    1/2 price for 4 months is (€28.75*4=€115)
    Full prince for 8 months is (€57.50*8=€460)
    Annual price is €575
    Saving of €13
    Said she had to charge me an extra €10 because I live far away from the exchange (2.5kms)!
    Discount of 20% off Sky TV didn't apply since I already have some other discount

They would let you believe they are the bees knees, but looking at the above I would even waste my time

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

A charge for living a certain distance from the exchange???????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

That doesn't make sense.

Are you sure she wasn't charging you extra because you were on an exchange that isn't unbundled with BT equipment i.e. they're being charged more because BT are using eircom's gear instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

That's what the lady said. I thought it very strange as I never heard of something like that before, nothing from my current provider. Maybe for urban customers with sky it might be a good deal but not for us country folk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As spacetime said, its do do with the exchange rather than how far you are from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Does VF then consume this charge or am I paying €10 more for this as well unannounced to me?
    As said VF never mentioned this and then the theory would be that if I lived in a city my VF bill should be €10 cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Blowheads wrote: »
    That's what the lady said. I thought it very strange as I never heard of something like that before, nothing from my current provider. Maybe for urban customers with sky it might be a good deal but not for us country folk

It's not even urban vs country they've (or BT Ireland) hasn't unbundled every urban exchange either.

The smaller the exchange the less likely they'll have unbundled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

SpaceTime wrote: »
    It's not even urban vs country they've (or BT Ireland) hasn't unbundled every urban exchange either.

The smaller the exchange the less likely they'll have unbundled it.

Yes absolutely...

Currently 80-90 exchanges out of 1200 or so are unbundled (and not all of the 80 are by BT). Most are smaller exchanges in both urban and rural locations but they are not all small ones...

Advertisement