Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk Issue

Options
  • 06-09-2013 5:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi, I purchased a mouse in late July and I decided that it was not for me and I wanted to return it.
    I then printed out the return label on the 27th of August and popped in the mouse with everything that came with it into the post.
    I was in a rush so I just put it into one of those post boxes which it fit, I think that'd be okay as the label is on it and it's prepaid.
    It's now the 6th of September and that parcel was sent off on 27th of August. Amazon's website says it hasn't been received yet.
    It was sent via An Post express to.
    Should I be worried?
    What'd be the worst case scenario here?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

To be honest, it hasn't even been 10 working days yet so I wouldn't' worry. Email Amazon if you are concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

To be honest, it hasn't even been 10 working days yet so I wouldn't' worry. Email Amazon if you are concerned.

Okay thanks so much for the reply, it's just it was via An Post Expressso I'd expect it to be sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

Same thing happened to me recently. The address on the return label was for some place in Dublin and apparently they are a little slow to send the items back to the UK. I got an email from Amazon saying they'd received it about 4 weeks after I'd posted the item back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

mathepac wrote: »
    <SNIP>

As far as I know express post items have to be scanned in at the post office or during office and are processed separately so maybe that's where the delay has is. Is anything showing up on the AnPost website for the tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nonsense 5am post removed

dudara

• Advertisement

I don't have any tracking number. I just put it into the Post Box as it fit.

I don't have any tracking number. I just put it into the Post Box as it fit.

It would be on the label you printed from Amazon.

I thought express with an Post necessitated an An Post Express Post sticker and registration through the post office. Amazon give a Freepost return label but not Express Post.

I thought express with an Post necessitated an An Post Express Post sticker and registration through the post office. Amazon give a Freepost return label but not Express Post.

All the returns I've done to Amazon recently have come with a prepaid express post label to be downloaded. It has two barcodes one for the fulfillment centre and one express post one

Right, still no word yet from Amazon, getting slightly worried now.
    I have no receipt because it was the post box.
    What am I to do?
    Amazon already refunded the money and I spent that on credit yesterday...
    It was a prepaid card btw.
    Worst case scenario, Amazon doesn't get the item, I have no proof, they try to charge me again, insufficient funds... then what?
    Appreciate all the help.

• Advertisement

Hang on! You have been refunded by Amazon? Then relax. Why are you still checking about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Same thing happened to me recently. The address on the return label was for some place in Dublin and apparently they are a little slow to send the items back to the UK. I got an email from Amazon saying they'd received it about 4 weeks after I'd posted the item back.

If it's sent back via Cycelon, there is a daily export to Amazon, from Dublin.

Hang on! You have been refunded by Amazon? Then relax. Why are you still checking about this?

Amazon works on a sort of good will basis whereby you can place an order and they won't take the money until the item ships and they'll give you a refund before they receive the item... I think :eek:
    If they have received it they haven't emailed me yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

can't post express post items in post boxes, they go through a separate stream and you will have delayed it.

Amazon works on a sort of good will basis whereby you can place an order and they won't take the money until the item ships and they'll give you a refund before they receive the item... I think :eek:
    If they have received it they haven't emailed me yet!

I don't know where you are getting all that from. I have returned several items to Amazon and they certainly never emailed me to say they got them. I returned items, refund was processed ...end of.

amtc wrote: »
    can't post express post items in post boxes, they go through a separate stream and you will have delayed it.

I replied earlier saying the same thing but an "expert" here contradicted me.

I don't know where you are getting all that from. I have returned several items to Amazon and they certainly never emailed me to say they got them. I returned items, refund was processed ...end of.
    Oh.. That's good then. They gave me a refund on 29th of august I think so that sounds about right for amazon. Thanks again. A weight off my shoulders!

Advertisement