Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas to revive Naas Main Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Sallins community council have put in a proposal to the County Council to extend a bike path along the grand canal from Adamstown to Naas via Sallins.

South Dublin Co. Co. have already agreed to finish the route from Adamstown to the Kildare border. A completed cycle way to Naas from Dublin City Centre would be helpful for commuting and recreational use and bring visitors into Naas.

www.sallins4u.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=377:press-release-16-may-2013-sallins-community-council-proposes-a-new-cycleway-from-dublin-to-naas&catid=88:general&Itemid=107

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

A completed cycle way to Naas from Dublin City Centre would be helpful for commuting and recreational use and bring visitors into Naas.

It's a nice idea but hardly useful for anyone to cycle commute from Naas to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Sallins community council have put in a proposal to the County Council to extend a bike path along the grand canal from Adamstown to Naas via Sallins.

South Dublin Co. Co. have already agreed to finish the route from Adamstown to the Kildare border. A completed cycle way to Naas from Dublin City Centre would be helpful for commuting and recreational use and bring visitors into Naas.

www.sallins4u.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=377:press-release-16-may-2013-sallins-community-council-proposes-a-new-cycleway-from-dublin-to-naas&catid=88:general&Itemid=107

Thats great. I wish they would develop the road from the osberstown/sallins junction to the canal a bit better.
    Between the dangerous speeds of cars over that blind bridge and dog owners not cleaning up after their pets, its hard to enjoy a walk or cycle around there.

Who would one speak to in this regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

UPDATE: Looks like Naas town council are going to make it free parking all day in the town on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Yep, starting 5th of October. Wardens will still be around to make sure it's not abused ie people parking the whole day.
    *******This is for Naas town parking only, so if your park in a NCPS car park like the one at the back of Eddie rockets, you'll still need a ticket******

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

matchthis wrote: »
    Yep, starting 5th of October. Wardens will still be around to make sure it's not abused ie people parking the whole day.
    *******This is for Naas town parking only, so if your park in a NCPS car park like the one at the back of Eddie rockets, you'll still need a ticket******

I can see a lot of people being caught out now on Saturdays thinking its free to park in NCPS car parks!
    That crowd LOVE to clamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sweetpea1132

I think putting parking aside, the look of the town is so shabby, Ive lived here all my life, never seen it look so bad, I know a lot of the shops are closed, but how mush effort would it take to put up some hanging baskets, or some decent Christmas lights, and give the exterior a lick of paint, I really think there should be a on the spot fine for people allowing their dogs to pooh all over the pavements, and for people spitting and dropping gum, Naas used to be a nice place to shop, now theres litter everywhere, if there is supposed to be fines given, it doesn't seem to be acted on, Naas just screams I dont care any more, pity it was a nice town

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mynamehere

Serious lack of imagination on this forum. Very few suggestions on how to improve the street only comments on whats gone wrong.

Advertisement