Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time-travelling POTD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In the old beta skin it was a bug. Those links weren't refreshing. It works fine in the current default Skin. So if you aren't using that, you're gonna be pretty much stuck in the past. The Dev's here have stated before that they don't intend on fixing anything that may be broken with old skins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Updates to how we mount and deploy code on our web nodes forced us to disable the old menu regeneration script over a month ago. As it's only applicable to the legacy skins we can't spare the time required to fire it back up unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Well that's disappointing but thanks for the reply. I'm ten years on boards yet it gets less user-friendly instead of improving. It's a shame but hey, it's a free discussion site so I don't have any right to complain. Cheers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

mud wrote: »
    Well that's disappointing but thanks for the reply. I'm ten years on boards yet it gets less user-friendly instead of improving.

In this particular case we vastly improved how we mount and deploy code to our web nodes. We'll hopefully see benefits with regards to daily dev workload and also a big increase overall site stability. We need to make these updates in order to keep the site running.

Advertisement