Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options

Options
  • 06-09-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Currently I use 02 mobile broadband and swap the sim card between the dongle and my ipad (using an adapter). The download limit is 15G and is a little tight and I'm used to the speed now (have had it 5+yrs). I don't do any gaming, just some downloading of shows etc.

I'm moving house next week and I suspect the reception for the mobile broadband is not going to be very good :( The exchange I will be on is ADSL 2+ and I have been advised the max download speed is 15.2mb. There is a phone line installed (unlike where I am at the moment). I'm currently looking at Vodafone for my internet, but I'm wondering more about the ipad now. I could go wireless but I like to use my ipad at work at lunch to check emails, for directions when in the car etc.

I don't really want to be paying for the internet at home and also for the sim card for the ipad. Are there any options (other than staying with the mobile broadband) that I will be able to use at home and when I'm out with the ipad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well if you get a phone with a good battery life you could always up your data plan and use your phone as a wifi hotspot (you can do this on both iphone and android not sure of windows with latest upgrades)

this way you should have reception depending connection at home and connection on the go without paying 2 monthly fees

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Hmmm, is this my only option? I'd like something simpler if possible. My current plan only has 500mb of data so I'd have to wait until the contract is up. To be honest the rest of the plan suits me perfectly and I always have the ipad with me so I rarely use the internet on the phone (hence having a low usage limit on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well you can have a look at uswtich enter your details and see what is available in your home area

but if you will prob have to get extra somewhere, either a phone or a home net solution

Advertisement