If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance on faulty remote Onkyo control

Options
  • 06-09-2013 7:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Tried phoning but just going to voicemail...
    I purchased an Onkyo TXSR-608 and MA Radius HD package about 3 years ago.
    Everything's fine up to a few days ago when the remote started acting up, the volume button has become erratic, working only the odd time, all other buttons fine and the remote in otherwise perfect condition, no marks, not dropped etc.
    Expecting more than 3 years from a remote, have plenty of other devices working perfectly way past 3, 4 and 5 years.

f2ot.jpg

Please advise.

Regards

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

slave1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Tried phoning but just going to voicemail...
    I purchased an Onkyo TXSR-608 and MA Radius HD package about 3 years ago.
    Everything's fine up to a few days ago when the remote started acting up, the volume button has become erratic, working only the odd time, all other buttons fine and the remote in otherwise perfect condition, no marks, not dropped etc.
    Expecting more than 3 years from a remote, have plenty of other devices working perfectly way past 3, 4 and 5 years.

f2ot.jpg

Please advise.

Regards
    Hi Slave,

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear about the remote.

Not a problem I've come across before with Onkyo remotes.  

We'll need to speak to Genserve on Monday to see if they have remotes available.

Sorry about the delay.

Chris

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thanks Chris

Hi again,

Genserve got back to me on the remote.

Onkyo have them available at £50.00.  

If you'd like me to order you one up drop me a PM with your details and I'll get the ball rolling for you.

We can have it sent to the store and then either collected or delivered down to you for just £4.99.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Eh, I think I have an implied warranty via The Sales of Goods Act, fit for purpose for a reasonable period of time etc which now extends intra EU, can we take this to PM please as I've bought tape decks, turntables, amps, speakers, sat box, TVs as well as the kit outlined on this thread from good ole RS over the last good few years and surprised at a £55 replacement being offered as a first line solution, cheers

slave1 wrote: »
    Eh, I think I have an implied warranty via The Sales of Goods Act, fit for purpose for a reasonable period of time etc which now extends intra EU, can we take this to PM please as I've bought tape decks, turntables, amps, speakers, sat box, TVs as well as the kit outlined on this thread from good ole RS over the last good few years and surprised at a £55 replacement being offered as a first line solution, cheers
    PM sent.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.