Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Export Issue

Options
  • 06-09-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I am having an issue creating a logo in Illustrator.

I created a logo for my blog and sized the logo at 650 x150.

I used Save for Web and saved my file as a PNG 24 . That's way too big for my website but smaller resolutions look pixelated, no matter what setting or file format I use.

So I opened up the exported 650x150 PNG file in Preview (OSX) and resized the PNG to 325x72, which looks about right.

This seems like a really awkward way to export a logo.

What's the proper way to export a logo in Photoshop or Illustrator?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Sounds like you're just re-sizing an image, which lowers the quality.
    You'll have to actually trace it in Illustrator, with all layers/groups. Then you'll be able to save it at whatever size you want. Alternatively, you could attach the Illustrator file to a post and someone could maybe help out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Thanks. I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

Hi silvine,
    Did you resolve your problem exporting the logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I did thanks. I was resizing a relatively small image and then zooming in too much. A silly mistake!

Advertisement