Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed repeats.. what are my options?

• 06-09-2013 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    So I failed two repeat subjects both elective modules. I had a really turbulent year with deaths etc so I kind of gave up on the studying and failed 5/12 exams and failed 2 repeats. I'm doing a Science based course and am just finished 2nd year.

Is my only option to repeat the year again and just do the two failed modules?
    I've heard of people who failed exams that carried them forward and moved on to their next year of study e.g. 3rd year and sat all their 3rd year classes as well as their failed 2nd year class.
    Is this possible anymore?

How do I go about doing either of these options?
    All advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

U can find the phone number of your programme director and give them a ring- id say just call the staff at UCC and they`ll direct you to the relevant department. Also ask for their email as I`d say a personal statement from you could help big time- they do cater for individual circumstances i find. Personal meeting would be a gud idea as well if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

For a waiver of capitation of marks-http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/procedures-regulations/mitigation/MitigationApplicationform-22-Jan-2013.pdf

Read it carefully and see what applies to you.As mentioned above, ring the programme director or year head also

Advertisement