Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some input needed...

Options
  • 06-09-2013 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hello people,

Firstly Id just like to say a huge thanks to everyone who regularly post around here. I have my tank running now for nearly 9 month's and I wouldn't have got as far as I have without the things I've learned on here!

So I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with stocking my tank. It's about 160 liters and At the minute I have:

3 peppered Cory's
    3 Albino Cory's
    3 Dwarf Gourami
    1 Balloon Molly
    1 platy

I'm waiting to get more of both Cory's as I know its recommended to have at least 4 of each., but would it be a problem to add more Cory's now after the 6 others being together for a month or so?Also not sure if it matters but I think its honey Gourami's I have.

So I'm thinking of either tetra's or maybe some Cherry barb's? If anyone could give me some input on this I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone could recommend another fish to compliment what I already have to give the tank as much color as possible.

Thanks in advance Folk's!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

You could add a couple more Corys, but I'd move on the Molly and Platy. They require more alkaline water while the Corys require it on the acidic side. The Gouramis will do fine with the Corys, but try and keep the ratio two females to one male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Would anybody here have any experience keeping tetra's and cherry barbs together? is it ok to keep them together?

Also what type of tetra's would people recommend? Neon's are popular but what about other type's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Tropheus wrote: »
    You could add a couple more Corys, but I'd move on the Molly and Platy. They require more alkaline water while the Corys require it on the acidic side. The Gouramis will do fine with the Corys, but try and keep the ratio two females to one male.

All depends on if they are tank bred or wild-caught.

If captive bred, then they will have spent the vast majority of their lives at or close to 7.0ph.

For a community tank 7.0ph is a safe bet, and is fine for all but the most fussy inhabitants (who shouldn't be in a community tank anyway).

I would up the cory's to groups of 5 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Yeah Im workin on getting more cory's as soon as...

Any input on other types of fish that would fit well in my tank?

Advertisement