Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL 5.1+

Options
  • 06-09-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi,

I have several accounts with Blacknight and have been happy enough but the MySQL on my shared hosting account is very low... too low.

I cannot install the latest things I need to install for a new website project. These components and scripts need MySQL 5.1 or higher, on blacknight we have the old MySQL 5.0.83. Is there are chance of this getting updated soon? We can't live in the stone age forever.

The latest stable version of MySQL (according to the MySQL website) is MySQL Community Server 5.6.13. Active support of MySQL 5.0 ended in December 2009 when the version entered an "extended support" phase until December 2012; the information in en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysql#Versions may help to explain this better.

This shows how far behind Blacknight is here? We need to update this or I need to cancel my accounts. Please let me know what to do next as I can't continue my project now.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Yurple

I know we've been upgrading a lot of the legacy MySQL 4.* nodes to 5.*, but I'm not sure which version(s) are available
    I'll have to ask our technical team about this

However if you want to have more control over which versions of various software packages you want to use I'd recommend you look at our cloud hosting, as it's a lot more flexible

Michele

We are aiming to offer MySQL 5.1 on shared hosting by the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

This is not acceptable to be honest. I have so many hosting accounts and had to move them all away because of Joomla issues on Blacknight. Now it's mysql...?

Is it possible to cancel my account and get a partial refund or is this not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to discuss refunds you would need to contact our billing department: billing@blacknight.com

Advertisement