Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Nat Type on 2 consoles,1 Router?

Options
  • 06-09-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to get open NAT on both consoles running off the same router.1 console i set up with post forwarding and has open nat but the second console has moderate nat as i couldnt assign another IP address.Is there around this?.Surely someone has had this problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Why could you not assign another static IP address? Seems weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Why could you not assign another static IP address? Seems weird.

I could, but to only 1 console.its open for one console but the other is moderate.Tried entering the other consoles ip address but it wouldnt allow me to use the port as its being used by the first console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I get you now. if memory serves, a standard router can usually only have one static IP as it only has one WAN port. There may be ways around this but I doubt it. The only thing I can think of is buying a router with dual wan interfaces. Other option is never to use the two at the same time, which would be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

I get you now. if memory serves, a standard router can usually only have one static IP as it only has one WAN port. There may be ways around this but I doubt it. The only thing I can think of is buying a router with dual wan interfaces. Other option is never to use the two at the same time, which would be a pain.

I think there is some confusion here between WAN and LAN static IPs. You can have as many as you like of the latter, though you probably have none of the former in most cases. Port forwarding will only work for a single LAN/NATted IP address, but port triggering may prove more useful for you, whereby the Xbox can trigger port forwarding to its own IP at runtime (static IP not even required). Alternatively you might also be able to put one xbox into a DMZ if your router supports it. There may be other options too, but these are the first couple that come to mind from a general networking perspective.

Advertisement