Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision Guides

• 06-09-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Any good revision guides for the following subjects

English-H
    Maths-H
    Biology-H
    Physics-H
    Chemistry-H
    French-H
    Home Ec-H
    Religion-H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Blue_Shoes

onlinenerd wrote: »

English-H
    Maths-H
    Biology-H
    Physics-H
    Chemistry-H
    French-H
    Home Ec-H
    Religion-H

I find ReviseWise pretty good for French, although I haven't tried the other revision books (I mainly use the textbooks bien dit and triomphe au bac).

Keynotes is great for English. It has notes on the poems, play, comparative, and sample answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Blue_Shoes wrote: »
    I find ReviseWise pretty good for French, although I haven't tried the other revision books (I mainly use the textbooks bien dit and triomphe au bac).

Keynotes is great for English. It has notes on the poems, play, comparative, and sample answers.

I agree.. bien dit is really good for the oral
    and keynotes is great for english

also biology revise wise is brilliant too. For home-ec i would just use the textbook ,you need to know everything in it,no short cuts
    remember to always try the exam papers questions after studying to make sure you didn't miss anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

onlinenerd wrote: »

Biology-H
    Chemistry-H

For higher Biology and Chem I'd recommend the 'essentials unfolded' books, you can get them at Easons. Can't say for sure if the physics one is up to the standard of the other two but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. I think they do it for other subjects like languages but I didn't do any but again, the best books for revision I had. (Revise wise was alright too but a bit long winded if you like to cover things fast and multiple times.) Very 'no nonsense books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Keynotes - English
    Complete Study Guide - Biology
    Grammaire Pour Tout Le Monde - Good for French grammar. Bien Dit is also good vocab.
    Less Stress More Success - Chemistry

Advertisement